Ray Winston to reprise the late John Thaw role

stuart.uk

Ray Winston to reprise the late John Thaw role

Post by stuart.uk »

It's been strongly suggested that British actor Ray Winston, who appeared in Cold Mountain and Agnes Brown is to be given the chance to reprise the role of Inspector Jack Reagen in a movie version of The Sweeney. Winston who got acclaim for playing a tough private detective in Vincent seems a good choice for the role. i wonder though if he'll play Reagen in later life. i say that because John Thaw played Reagen as a fit 30 something yr-old, despite his love of smoking and booze. there was a lot of running about and i wonder if ex-boxer Ray at 50 would be as convincing. if however, he was to play an older Reagen then it should work very well.

however, i think Thaw's other great creation Morse is beyond him. no disrespect intended, but Ray's a bit of rough, while John could mix the rough with the smooth
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

A good thing Morse died. I wondered if they knew Thaw was sick and ended the character when they did. I'm working my way through the "Morse" series. I can't imagine anyone else in the role.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

what about the sequal Lewis. that's doing very well over here with the promoted Sarge solving the murders
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

"Inspector Lewis" has only had its pilot episode shown in the USA. although I think three later episodes will be shown on PBS this summer.