Pick Your favorite Studio For Noirs

ken123

Pick Your favorite Studio For Noirs

Post by ken123 »

Fox Studios produced the first noir film I Wake Up Screaming (1941), some say that the RKO produced Stranger on the Third Film starring Peter Lorre was actually the begining of the genre, even though Fritz Lang's MGM produced Fury certainly has norish elements as does John Ford's The Informer ( RKO ). Fox produced a long line of noirs such as Where the Sidewalk Ends, Call Northside 777, House of Strangers, In a Dark Corner, and perhaps the greatest noir of the all the Nightmare Alley starring Tyrone Power, Joan Blondell, and Helen Walker . Fox also producwd to noirish Westerns, The Oc - Bow Incident directed by William Wellman, and the Henry King directed The Gunfighter starrying Gregory Peck I do not consider Fox's Laura a noir. RKO produced the aforementioned Stranger on the Third Floor,plus Crossfire, Born to Kill, Murder My Sweet , Jacque Tourneur's Out of the Past, The Devil & Daniel Webster and numerous others including Welles' Citizen Kane, Val Lewton's horror series,and to a minor degree The Falcon Series. No noir posting can ever afford to leave out the Mark Helling produced ( Released by Universal - international ) The Killers, Brute Force, and The naked city, or the Billie Wilder directed trio Double Indemnity, Sunset Boulevard, and Ace in the Hole, (aka The Big Carnival )all produded by Paramont which also gave us This Gun for Hire, The Blue Dahlia, and The Big Clock. warner Bros produced The Maltese falcon ( not a noir ? ), Three Strangers, The Mask of Dimitrios dark Passage, key Largo, the Big Sleep,and White Heat directed by Raoul Walsh. Columbia produced, among others, Johnny O' Clock and The Big Heat :)