Possessed

ken123

Possessed

Post by ken123 »

Today must have been the 100th time that I have tried to watch Miss Joan in this film, this morning I lasted about 15 minutes. :?
srowley75

Re: Possessed

Post by srowley75 »

I enjoy Possessed '47 - it's a most enjoyable "hysterical woman" drama - but I always wonder at critics who cite this as Crawford's best film performance. And there are quite a few who seem to feel this way (and along those lines, I also find myself speculating if the habitual second-guessing of Oscar winners by film historians has led to the undervaluing of her restrained performance in Mildred Pierce).

One of the things I thought was missing from the drama was a touch of much-needed comic relief, which was ever-present in Mildred with the performances of Eve Arden, Butterfly McQueen and (if he's your cup of tea) Jack Carson. Possessed doesn't let up for a moment, and as a result you're tempted to laugh by the time you see Crawford's mad scenes.
MikeBSG

Re: Possessed

Post by MikeBSG »

I was amused by Raymond Massey talking about his son's liking for Bugs Bunny. I never thought I'd hear Massey say "what's up doc?"