Blue Lamp/Dixon Of Dock Green

stuart.uk

Blue Lamp/Dixon Of Dock Green

Post by stuart.uk »

Here's two links. One's from the 1950 classic The Blue Lamp and the second from the tv series it inspired Dixon Of Dock Green, in one of the latter day episodes from the long running series. It wasn't just Bobby Ewing that was brought back from the dead

Ollie

Re: Blue Lamp/Dixon Of Dock Green

Post by Ollie »

Thanks for these. I had NO IDEA that Jack Warner was in 400-odd episodes of DIXON OF DOCK GREEN. Wow. This is like James Arness and GUNSMOKE - and hopefully better.

BLUE LAMP has been a long-time favorite and is highly recommended.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Here's a link to an early episode of Dixon Of Dock Green

stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

I found this

Jack Warner made an novelty record, adding lyrics to the theme music of Dixon Of Dock Green

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Uh, Jack... hmmm... how can I put this? Let's say I'm glad YouTube has this. I know what "low point" means. I knew beforehand, too.

"Awww, ya shouldn't have!" is said with a wink, and almost a plea! ha ha

Thanks, Stuart. I'm not sure I could have tolerated any series for 400-odd episodes. We have those seemingly infinite variations on the CSI stuff. Once interesting, now dulled down to the point where CSI may be having CSI Chula Vista, CSI Yonkers, CSI Camp Minihaha...

Then there's the LAW & ORDER SUV shows. I had no idea SUVs were SUCH a crime problem - but I see them all the time - always showroom shiny black with chrome doll wheels - now I see why SUVs needed their own courtroom drama. Who would have believed so many macho thug types wanted to play with dolls and their toy car parts?!! What's next? CSI Hybrids? LAW & ORDER Organic Gardening, featuring MSG? Will Chinese-painted toys get the next LAS VEGAS focus? "I'll give ya 5-to-1 that this is lead-based paint. Do I hear 6? 7-to-1?"
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hey, what's the matter with "CSI: YONKERS." Ollie, you think you're being funny? You can pitch any ONE of those ideas to the networks. You could have a hit series on your hands what with reality shows, crapola and the like.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

There's one BIG thing wrong with CSI: YONKERS. Ya think Staten Island, The Bronx and Brooklyn would stand for it? NO WAY. They'd burn the place down! (White Plains, at that time, would probably launch missiles and flatten out Bronx & Brooklyn, simply because White Plains wouldn't want Yonkers refugees. "You wipe out their places? YOU take 'em!")

Personally, I'd have hopped the "B" train and headed to Coney. Or at least Brighton, and walked the rest of the way.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Not to worry! CSI: OSHKOSH. That covers Nebraska AND Wisconsin. Now, if LAW & ORDER will switch to street names... "First Street", "2nd Avenue", "Waterford Lane", etc.

How does "CSI: Chorley" sound? Hmmm... I wonder if the threat that Kevin Costner would headline the cast, and re-use that so-called accent from his Robin Hood days - I wonder if that would constitute a big enough crime to get CSI: Chorley off on the right foot?!! Or does it sound more like a Costner Of Arc burning-at-stake scene? I'd vote for that.