Johnny Angel

mrsl

Johnny Angel

Post by mrsl »

Johnny Angel - When I thought of this, I thought of Shelly Fabares singing about her boyfriend. I taped it when it was on and watched it last night. Actually it was a good combination of film noir and mystery. Johnny (sounds stupid to call George Raft 'Johnny' ) but that's the way it is, finds his dads' scavenger ship dead in the water, and proceeds to find the reason the entire crew is gone as well as the cargo. This one has all the shadows, dim lights, alleys and due to it being around the shipyard, you can add a good bit of fog also. It's duly made in B&W and Raft still has most of his gangster attitude, which he is not in this but he is tough and the attitude helps. Claire Trevor for some reason did not fit into this one for me though I can't put my finger on why, but then I never cared for Signe Hasso, so I guess any woman would not fit for me. Some movies should leave the gals out and stay all male.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
ken123

Re: Johnny Angel

Post by ken123 »

Sorry mrsl,
IMHO Claireis always a welcome addition to a film. I didnt mean to come over as meanie, but MsTrevor is one of my all time favorites, and I must come to her defense at all times. JK :D
mrsl

Re: Johnny Angel

Post by mrsl »

I agree Ken 123, Claire is always welcome but for some reason, she just didn't fit in this one for me.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************