Miss Marple Mysteries

mrsl

Miss Marple Mysteries

Post by mrsl »

There is no other person who can be Miss Marple than Margaret Rutherford. This unique woman, with her rather unusual looks, brings such love and joy to the role of Miss Marple, that, even though I have seen others play her, nobody can come close to Ms. Rutherford. I watched all afternoon and never got bored. One of my favorite forms of comedy is frustration and while she is driving Charles Tingwell, Police Detective, nuts, she is rocking me off the boat. Then there is poor, timid Mr. Springer who blindly is led by her through all kinds of torment and tribulation. Murder Ahoy, Murder Most Foul, and others that I have seen several times each, never fail to entertain. I forget all about the mystery part of it, and just enjoy the comedy end. I haven't really seen her in much other than Miss Marple except The V.I.P.'s where she quietly is having her heart broken because she is going to lose the family manor; but then also her quiet thrill when it is to be saved by the movie company renting it. Her sad face becomes so radiant, you must have a lonely heart if one or two tears don't form in the corners of your eyes.

If you ignored today's birthday celebration, watch for re-runs and try to catch one or two movies, you will not be sorry, I'm sure.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
RedRiver

Re: Miss Marple Mysteries

Post by RedRiver »

I keep meaning to read some of the Marple books. Never get around to it. I've read Poirot. Some of the non-serial stuff. No Marple. I liked the movie, THE MIRROR CRACKED. Pretty typical. But done well.
Rita Hayworth

Re: Miss Marple Mysteries

Post by Rita Hayworth »

mrsl wrote:.
There is no other person who can be Miss Marple than Margaret Rutherford. This unique woman, with her rather unusual looks, brings such love and joy to the role of Miss Marple, that, even though I have seen others play her, nobody can come close to Ms. Rutherford.
mrsl ... I couldn't help myself to say that Margaret Rutherford is born to play Miss Marple period. I seen a couple Miss Marple films and I enjoyed them immensely.