Best Romantic Duos

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
charliechaplinfan

Re: Best Romantic Duos

Post by charliechaplinfan »

JackFavell wrote:I love how you see something there in March that I never really got words to describe - I didn't quite realize those underlying feelings before - thank you for clarifying it for me! He IS nervous - it's like he doesn't know his family anymore, he wants to treat his boy as a child, but he's not. They are going on with their lives without him, he feels useless outside of the military - that's such a complex thing to make a movie about... how these men - who were most important, came home to find they had no more place in their families lives.
Myrna Loy seems so capable, she's run the entire household quite efficiently it seems without him. Yet she holds back from him too, not wanting to intrude, not sure what he's seen and what he needs. I find them so touching, I wonder how many couples, long married found themselves in similar situations.

I've sent this movie to my mother, I'll bet she doesn't like it but Dad might.
CineMaven wrote:"...that's such a complex thing to make a movie about... how these men - who were most important, came home to find they had no more place in their families lives."

What a perfectly cast film. The maturity of March and Loy; the youth of Dana and Teresa...Dana clearly has seen too much; the boy & girl next door...the boy paying such a high high price. And overcoming. A heavy weighty masterpiece done by one of the Masters.

I have on "The Last of the Mohicans" on now in the background...and I must say Madeleine Stowe and Daniel Day Lewis make a pretty romantic duo...ha! All that hair. And just Daniel by himself...

"I WILL FOIND YOU!!!"

Look no further Danny boy. I'm right here!!! Woooohooo! Over here!

I've never seen Last of the Mohicans from beginning to end, I can't imagine why. I'm going to have to watch it through to capture the magic.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Charles Boyer and Jean Arthur in History Is Made at Night (1937). Their chemistry is amazing, sorry it was their only pairing.

LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Cuthbert wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:08 am Charles Boyer and Jean Arthur in History Is Made at Night (1937). Their chemistry is amazing, sorry it was their only pairing.
Agreed. I wouldn't have expected it, but they were terrific together.
Watching until the end.