Love with the Proper Stranger: on TCM in January!!!

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
MissGoddess

Love with the Proper Stranger: on TCM in January!!!

Post by MissGoddess »

FINALLY! I've requested it a few times and it's not yet on dvd even though it's one of Natalie Wood's and Steve McQueen's best movies. I'm not sure it is really a romantic comedy, strictly speaking, because it's quite dramatic throughout but it's filled with humor so I chose to put it in this forum.

Love with the Proper Stranger (1964) - Sunday, January 20, 2008 at 6:00 pm EST on TCM

I hope everyone gets their recorders ready who wants to have this gem in their collection for who knows when it will turn up again.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Miss G:

I love that movie!!! I especially like Natalie's exasperation with Steve, and later his exasperation with her.

When they go to that one place, it's carried out so well you have to cheer at the end. I won't say anymore so as not to ruin the movie.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Hi Anne---I've been waiting for this movie to turn up on TCM so I could record it and they finally came through. I don't know why it's not on dvd yet, but I hope many will catch it and enjoy its charms. There might be a few who will be surprised by seeing Steve McQueen in a warm-hearted movie like this.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

One of my favourites :D