AFI Top 10 Romantic Comedies

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Thank you CCF, I left Libeled Lady off the list. How can you beat Jean Harlow/Spencer Tracy? Well, with Myrna Loy and William Powell, of course! :D
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I left it off my list too and My Man Godfrey, there are so many good titles to choose from in this category. There are about 20 films I could watch any time of day and night in this genre and never tire of.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Hi all,

I can't argue with any of the picks really, but I can't believe nobody mentioned "My Favorite Wife" or "His Girl Friday!"

Hollis
myrnaloyisdope

Post by myrnaloyisdope »

Hollis wrote:Hi all,

I can't argue with any of the picks really, but I can't believe nobody mentioned "My Favorite Wife" or "His Girl Friday!"

Hollis
His Girl Friday is fantastic, but I don't really see it as being especially romantic, in spite of Roz and Cary getting together at the end.

As for My Favorite Wife, I was really disappointed by it. Cary Grant's character just wasn't believable to me at all. I just didn't by him as this whimpering pud, who can't talk his way out of a situation.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

His Girl Friday is brilliant but not high on my list of romantic movies.

I like Our Favorite Wife but much prefer The Awful Truth
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin