Rita, Sue and Bob too

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
charliechaplinfan

Rita, Sue and Bob too

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Is anyone fimiliar with this comedy? It's a Channel 4 production from 1987, a low budget comedy which I happened to catch on the TV yesterday.

Aside from it's intriguing title, it is exactly what it suggests, when I watched it when it was first released I was exactly the same age as Rita and Sue who like me, were babysitters, only my baby sitting experience was nothing like theirs, thank goodness. I don't want to say too much about the plot because if you come to it like I did, completely unexpecting, it's a little shocking, at least it was when it was made but it is hilarious.

Watching it back now it takes me back to the fashions of my teenage years, at their worst, as they are here they're awful, I never wore white stilettos I'm proud to say but that probably had more to do with my mother who wouldn't have let me out of the house in a pair than my sense of style at the time. It's filmed in some of the roughest parts of Bradford but don't let it put you off, if you ever get chance to see this movie, it really is politically incorrect little gem.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin