Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Garbomaniac

Re: This Is Dedicated to the Ones We Love

Post by Garbomaniac »

Oh, my GOSH! I love Lucy!
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Jdb1, thank you for posting the Vitameatavegemin video. I watched it last night and Lucy helped me to get through the final glass of an awful 1/2 gallon drink I had to take for a medical procedure this morning. I thought I'd never get that last glass down, but I saw Lucy's face as she tasted the Vita. . . for the first time, and it was magic. You've done a good deed. :)
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

So glad you've joined all those happy peppy people who don't pop out at parties. (No one wants to be unpoopular.)
klondike

Post by klondike »

I once knew a tall, peppy redhead who popped-out at a party . . but that's probably a tale best told on the back porch . . :wink:
Garbomaniac

Post by Garbomaniac »

Oh, you guys are killing me! I laugh out loud so hard; it's just silly!!!
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

My philosophy of life is that everyone should have at least 10 minutes of silly every day. It does wonders for the mind and the soul. Even my nasty and self-absorbed mother was able to loosen up and get silly once in a while. If a dragon like her could do it, anyone can.

Say, James, do you know when a dog's tail is not a tail?

When it's a-waggin'.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Today is the birthday of the great French director Jean Renoir. Below are two scenes from my favorite Renior film, The River. Renoir took Rumer Godden's rather cold and condescending novella about a British family living in India, and turned it into a glorious, full-color tribute to that place, as well as a wise and charming story of a girl's coming of age.

Introduction
[youtube][/youtube]

Radha's Dance (unfortunately not the entire sequence)
[youtube][/youtube]