Otto Preminger (1906-1986)

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Otto Preminger (1906-1986)

Post by moira finnie »

Goldennoir, your anecdote is one more instance that makes a trip to the TCMCFF so tempting. The next best thing would be if Foster Hirsch could be our guest author online here someday. If any of you New Yorkers ever runs into Mr. H. I hope you'll let him know that the natives are friendly here. Hirsch's books on film noir and his Preminger bio (as well as the one by Chris Fujiwara) are great reading.

Thanks for posting, GN
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Noticing some comments on "Bunny Lake Is Missing" I saw it last night and mostly enjoyed it. I really liked Olivier. Quite sedate and in control it seemed very un-Olivier comparatively and that was good.

Wendy had mentioned the aura that Keir Dullea gives off and that fits well here. I thought his character had rather a sudden turn in that if he was giving off hints about his mindset I missed them. When he got there I didn't feel him creepy enough. Lynley was fine but I guess most of the popular young actresses could have done it. I saw that Jane Fonda wanted to do the part.

The whole Noel Coward thing seemed unnecessary but I guess that was to set up a suspect. He played slimy well though.

Some interesting camera work is included. All in all I enjoyed it but it's not going to make any list.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
GaryCooper

Post by GaryCooper »

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow.
D. W. Griffith