*CANDIDS*

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hey Fernando!!!

Wow, you have movie star looks...
If Chile has a movie industry, you better apply right now, as they're missing a potential Errol Flynn or Tyrone Power.

Better yet, hike yourself up to Hollywood and declare, "Here I am!!"....
If Fernando Lamas, Ricardo Montalban & Cesar Romero could make it there, so could you....

Antonio Banderas - - Beware!!

Larry
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Or -- he could be Tom Cruise's non-insane, better looking brother.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Please be informed that there are candid images posted on page 1 of the CANDIDS thread. Below are a few more:

Joe aka Mongo

Lauren Bacall, Bogart (eyes fixed) and Marilyn Monroe.

James Dean and the love of his life Pier Angeli.

Frank Sinatra mug shot at age 23 in 1938.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Thanks for the interesting shots. Also, thanks for all the hard work you do on your Spotlights. I may not always says so but I appreciate your contribution.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
feaito

Post by feaito »

:shock: Wow Mongo! What a wide variety of candids. All very interesting. Keep 'em coming!

Larry and Judith, all I can say is :oops: ... thanks for being so nice.
klondike

Post by klondike »

W O W ! :shock:
Great candids, Mongo!
How enlightening to see Carole on the couch at home - never caught that angle in her films, and doesn't she resemble a certain Italian-American rock star from Michigan, hmmmm? :roll:
How sad to see Frances F, once again gripped by those inescapable furies!
How funny to peep Chuck Heston's unflatteringly candid glutes! :lol: ! Not sure when I'm checking-off the planet (this 1, or of the Apes) but I'd bet if you cranked my clock back 40 years, my derriere would still be lookin' better than that NRA turkey roll! Buh-kark!
How cool to catch those dagger-eyes from Senora Loren at Mariska's mom's mamms! I've seen the shot that followed that one, with them both sitting at that table, and Sophia was still giving unplain Jayne the old frigidare-glare!
How strange & thrilling to see actual evidence of the oft-rumored deleted scenes from Indemnity! Man, that means that they'd planned to push on past the whole "bleeding-out" finale, where McMurray's voice-over goes real-time. What a bizarrely dark ending the other would have been! :shock: :!:
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Thank you Chris and Fernando. There are oodles more to come.

And Klondike, I appreciated your comments regarding a variety of the images. The Charlton Heston quip was a hoot (may he rest in peace).

Joe
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

What a sweet photo of Rita and Rebecca. It reminds me of what Jack Lemmon once said about the relationship Rita had with her daughters:
  • "It's heartwarming to see Rita with those two kids. I spent a couple of afternoons with the three of them in Rita's flat in Mayfair, and I've never seen a warmer, nicer mother/daughter relationship anywhere."
I love that shot of Mermaid Blythe too. I've been reading Peabody's Mermaid by Guy and Constance Jones these past few days, and thought it was quite funny to run into a photo from the film.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Wow!

Whenever I think of Robert Mitchum, that's exactly how I picture him. Yeah, uh-huh.

Is that the behavior Hitchcock was referring to when he said actors should be treated like (or was it "as"?) cattle?

Anna...(sigh).
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
myrnaloyisdope

Post by myrnaloyisdope »

I also like the Robert Mitchum photo. It makes for an interesting contrast with Night of the Hunter.

I also like the Gene Tierney pic. What a gal. I still don't get how Oleg Cassini got her though.
"Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?" - The Magnetic Fields
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

klondike wrote:How funny to peep Chuck Heston's unflatteringly candid glutes! :lol: ! Not sure when I'm checking-off the planet (this 1, or of the Apes) but I'd bet if you cranked my clock back 40 years, my derriere would still be lookin' better than that NRA turkey roll!
Eye of the beholder, for sure, Klonny, 'cause I can't see anything unflattering about Chuck's booty from where I'm sitting. I prefer a man with some corporeal substance. As long as he checked his politics at the door, he could have parked that thing on the edge of my bed whenever he liked.
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

These are really good pictures, there is a bit of real life instead of the glamourized god/goddess photos -not that I mind those either. Thanks for posting them!

And Fernando, I wondered if that was you. You do look a bit like a movie star. :)
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Thank you, CarrieLiz, ChiO, Myrnaloy, and Sunnove, I'm glad that you found some of the images enjoyable.

Judith, you are a hoot.

On with the show...
Ronald Reagan & wife Jane Wyman after a dip in the pool.

The late Cyd Charisse, Jack Lemmon, Joan Collins & Tony Martin on the town (1961).

Bela Lugosi receiving treatment for his morphine addiction.

Randolph Scott with his first wife Mariana DuPont Somerville (a happy couple?)

Errol Flynn teaching Rita Hayworth the ropes on his yacht.

Clara Bow and her husband Rex Bell at home.

Chatterboxes Bette Davis, Norma Shearer and Miriam Hopkins.

Jeff Chandler, wife Marjorie and their daughters Jamie & Dana.

Joan Crawford with all 4 adopted children.

Spencer Tracy in jodhpurs?

Maria Montez undone.
klondike

Post by klondike »

jdb1 wrote:
klondike wrote:How funny to peep Chuck Heston's unflatteringly candid glutes! :lol: ! Not sure when I'm checking-off the planet (this 1, or of the Apes) but I'd bet if you cranked my clock back 40 years, my derriere would still be lookin' better than that NRA turkey roll!
Eye of the beholder, for sure, Klonny, 'cause I can't see anything unflattering about Chuck's booty from where I'm sitting.
I'm with ya in concept there, Darlin': Just t'other day, I was holding forth to my son Morgan (26 yr old, 5 mos. a husband, 5 wks a dad), about how ravishing a beauty jazz-singer Diana Krall is, as he shrugged his disagreement, when I happened to flip past a current magazine photo of Angelica Huston; showing him her pic, I exclaimed something to the effect: "And man, there's a dame who's really holding-up!!"
His bemused, delayed response: "Pop, you are trippin'!"
Ah well, by the time he's 30, he'll be amazed at what I've learnt in just 4 years!

P.S: Didn't you & I originally meet a couple years ago in a discussion of the overlooked beauty of Ina Balin?!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hey, I'm not trying to hijack this, but it just occurred to me: I think Klonnie should post a photo of his own derriere, so Judith and I can compare glutes, and then come to a fair decision..... :lol: :lol: :lol: So far, with no FIRM evidence, Ol' Chuck is doing ok by me! :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe, the pictures are great. It really is nice to see our stars in casual settings. Of course, poor old Bela and Frances might wish those pictures had never seen the light of day.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard