JackFavell

Re: Ben Johnson

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks, you goddess, you!
rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

I hope these aren't too big...
Are you kidding???????????????? ha. It's Mighty Joe YOUNG!!! (ha) Thanks, kid. They are GORGEOUS... (I love the third one where they are by the fence.... sigh)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

My fave is the one where he is peeking around with the gun.... whew! I'd like to see that face peeking around my door anytime, but without the firearm....

I am excited - I just found a new photo from Shane on ebay and splurged....rarely do you ever see new photos of Ben.. this one looks like a costume test.... I have to hook up the scanner before I can copy it, so in the meantime:

A couple of publicity prints from Wagon Master:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Boy, in that second shot from Wagon Master, it looks like our Ben (sorry, but he is OURS :D )
is ready to do a smack down on the guy with his hand on Ms. Dru. my hero...sigh....
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I love it when he gets tough.... What a man!

rohanaka

Post by rohanaka »

knitwit45 wrote:(sorry, but he is OURS )
His "official" title is "Our Beloved Ben" :D

PS Jackie... WOO HOO. You are quite the collector. Alas, I have NO computer skills for stuff like that... ha.. I don't do any online buying or auctioning.. (Technophobia is such a debilitating disease, ha) but it is way cool to reap the benefit of all you other folks who are able to get into the bidding wars and emerge victorious. (ha) I will look forward to viewing your new splurge!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hey, Ro...
I have bought things on ebay before, like soup bowls or tennis shoes for Alice, but never any collectible stuff.
I literally ONLY collect Ben Johnson photos. I was that desperate to have decent photos of him....
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

This is just terrific, Mrs Johnson...you're really finding some gems! I remember when it was tough to find a decent picture of Ben, especially a larger sized one.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

MissGoddess wrote:This is just terrific, Mrs Johnson...you're really finding some gems! I remember when it was tough to find a decent picture of Ben, especially a larger sized one.
It's still tough! I'd like to post more, but I don't want to run out!

Andrew brought the scanner downstairs for me. You'll be so proud of me.... I cleaned off my desk, and now the only things on it are the scanner, the laptop and the printer... You inspired me with your neat and tidy desk. Of course, my desk is so small, that there isn't room for anything else... :lol:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

JackFavell wrote:It's still tough! I'd like to post more, but I don't want to run out!

Well, so far you've come up with many that I have never seen before and it's exciting! I always look forward to what's next!

Andrew brought the scanner downstairs for me. You'll be so proud of me.... I cleaned off my desk, and now the only things on it are the scanner, the laptop and the printer... You inspired me with your neat and tidy desk. Of course, my desk is so small, that there isn't room for anything else... :lol:

Oh, that's great, Jackie! I recently bought a new printer/scanner but I have it under the desk for now, to save space. If you're like me, you'll get addicted to scanning pretty quick! And it prods you to want to buy even more stills and publicity material on Ebay...because now you can scan and share them! It's a vicious circle!
:D
-- Will Rogers
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Greetings, I don't have much to add -- just wanted to wave hello and say, "I'm a Ben Johnson fan too!" He was such a wonderful presence onscreen, a fine actor, and one of the most natural and unpretentious performers ever. My introduction to him many years ago was Wagon Master. A nice way to start out. :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

HI, P! Welcome...you couldn't start off with a better movie.... that's for sure.

I think mrsl said that her favorite Ben movie was Chisum....so I thought I would post a few photos and caps from it.

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

when he's looking down the barrel of that shotgun :shock: WHEW! But geez louise, that last one, with that big smile..... :oops: :oops: gulp! I thought I preferred the younger Ben, but boy howdee, have you made me reconsider..

Thanks Wendy.

I posted a video (music) on Dewey's thread, I won't put it here, Anne's computer locks up when it comes to a video. But the song is "Girl Talk", and that's exactly right for here :oops:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

He's very attractive in CHISUM, as those caps attest. DANG! Where are men like that today???? Tell me where and I'll program the GPS to take me there! :D
-- Will Rogers