William S. Hart - The Authentic Hero

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
knitwit45

Re: William S. Hart - The Authentic Hero

Post by knitwit45 »

Art just didn't like the movie? :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:

hey, Jackie, I couldn't access Hells Hinges. Is it actually available to view?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Yes, you should be able to click on it just like a youtube video. At least it was up and running when I posted it the other night.... let me check the link...
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hooray, it works! We're about to have a gully-washer of a thunderstorm, so I need check out and come back later.....

Thanks Mrs. Johnson..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

No problem! Watch out...don't blow your computer.
brownp2

Post by brownp2 »

Early in his novel, A Death in the Family, James Agee wrote about his memories of seeing a William S. Hart film with his father, circa 1916, walking in partway through the film, then watching a Chaplin short, then staying through the repeat of the Hart film to see what they missed. Here is what he wrote about Hart:

"And there was William S. Hart with both guns blazing and his long, horse face and his long, hard lip, and the great country rode away behind him as wide as the world. Then he made a bashful face at a girl and his horse raised its upper lip and everybody laughed...They sat on [after the Chaplin film] into the William S. Hart feature to make sure why he had killed the man with the fancy vest--it was as they had expected by her frightened, pleased face after the killing; he had insulted a girl and cheated her father as well..."

Agee describes the Chaplin film in greater detail, although he actually synthesizes bits from various Chaplin pictures into a fictionalized account. Does anyone recognize whether the Hart film he describes is real?