The Cast of Princess Bride

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Lzcutter
Administrator

The Cast of Princess Bride

Post by Lzcutter »

From Rodents of Unusual Size to "Inconceivable!" to "have fun storming the castle!", the cast and crew of The Princess Bride sat down with Entertainment Weekly to talk about the making of the film and how the film has become part of the fabric of classic films.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/10/14/p ... l-history/

Enjoy!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Re: The Cast of Princess Bride

Post by movieman1957 »

Thanks for the link. My cousin introduced the film to my family. We can recite most of it. Love the film but I don't like the music. I still watch it.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Thanks for posting that link, Lynn. I had seen the photo but had not read the article. I think that I've seen The Princess Bride 7 or 8 times. I first read the book around 1980--my sister had a bunch of paperbacks that she didn't want anymore and I just loved the cover of The Princess Bride, so I snagged it. I was about 15 years old. I loved the book and kept thinking what a good movie it would make. I was so surprised and thrilled when the film came out!

Too bad Cary Elwes didn't have a bigger career. He really did look like a Douglas Fairbanks/Errol Flynn type. I guess he was just born too late.

Sandy K
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Last Friday night we had a movie night. And "The Princess Bride" was the feature. It was fun because everyone knew it and we carried on as much as we watched. I also showed them an old cartoon and a Buster Keaton short that was very well received.

We had a bout 12 people but one of my friends said he was going to have to come to the house and borrow a John Wayne movie to kind of get himself back to normal.
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

one of my friends said he was going to have to come to the house and borrow a John Wayne movie to kind of get himself back to normal.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Am I the last one to notice that Christopher Guest (The Six Fingered Man) is really channeling Henry Daniell? It always sounded familiar but couldn't put it together until I watched "The Sea Hawk." And that wasn't the first time either.

I'm not usually that slow.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

For those of us who love to read, the Dread Pirate Roberts (probably known better in his real life as Cary Elwes) has published a book about the making of our touchstone film.

It's called "As You Wish". It came out during the holidays and spent some time on the best seller lists in addition to garnering good reviews.

It's available on Amazon and at your favorite book store!

And I totally agree that Christopher Guest is channeling Henry Daniell! What a great catch!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese