RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Rita Hayworth

Re: RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Legendary Nightgown Photos
Collectors Favorites

Pin Up Dreams for Every Servicemen in World War Two ... and beyond!

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Loves of Carmen Glamour Photos
Part 1 of 4

Very Unique and Rare Photos of Rita Hayworth in 1948.

Loveliest Photos of Rita in 1948.

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Part 2 of 4

Lovely Photos of Rita in 1948

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Part 3 of 4

Even more lovelier photo of her ... here in all her glory!

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Part 4 of 4

Breathtaking Glamour ... My Personal Favorites Here!

I won't be posting tomorrow on Saturday, so that you can enjoy these 16 photos of her in all her glory back in 1948 ... and I will resume posting pictures sometimes on Sunday and do something different for a change ... I wanted to share these photos to you because these are truly amazing photos of her and I wished that I had Color Photos of these. It would been magnificent to see them.

Anyway, enjoy these ... for a day or two. :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Bonus Photograph - Colorized

I will be getting this for sure, and my agent will be obtaining a copy of this photograph in a week or two. Got it dirt cheap!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Another Bonus Photograph

This one from a dear friend of mine - that will be sending me this fabulous find of Carmen in a week or two. I just got an e-mail from him and he is more than happy to send me a copy of this dazzling photo! ... I wanted to share this information as I get them.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Erik, being a Rita Hayworth expert and all, could you tell if this really is her? I found the pic in a 1954 New York magazine and just want to make sure. She looks a bit different from what we're usually used to see.
Thanks!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Nick wrote:Erik, being a Rita Hayworth expert and all, could you tell if this really is her? I found the pic in a 1954 New York magazine and just want to make sure. She looks a bit different from what we're usually used to see.
Thanks!

Nick,

Sad to say it is her - why she was proceeding to marry Dick Haymes and she wore Dark Sunglasses during that timeframe to avoid mingling with the public back then. During that timeframe - she downgraded her looks and started to look more old and that's bothered Harry Cohn so much that her major star starting to lose her glamour looks and that was pretty much the downfall of Rita Hayworth at the time. From 1954 on, she started to change her looks to be more dignified and more regal and tried her best to remain in the public image in the best way possible.

Her marriages to Dick Haymes and James Hill were so bad and its literally took the strain on her that left her wanting to be left alone and she uses those Dark Sunglasses more often to hid the fact that she made another mistake(s) in marrying these two men in the first place and all.

That's why her movies Fire Down Below (1957), Pal Joey (1957), Separate Tables (1958), They Came to Cordura (1959), and The Story On Page One (1959) was her escape from her abuse from both Dick and James from her marriages. For what I learned, that between 1954 to 1957, three long years of problems with men, studio (failed movie project Joseph and the Brethren, 1955) problems, problems with Harry Cohn, and among other things made her life miserable and that's why she hid herself in those shades and that why she couldn't wait to make that movie with Jack Lemmon and Robert Mitchum in Fire Down Below and started to enjoy working so much that she made for lost time.

Five Movies in 3 years was one of her happiest times getting away from her husbands and that's why after divorcing HIll - her 5th an final husband and told herself - I will never, ever get married again and started to reconcile with her daughters Rebecca and Yasmin and that's helped her alot. She was more closer to Yasmin than to Rebecca in later life and Rebecca was more closer to Orson and Yasmin was more closer to Rita.

That's why Yasmin took care of her in her twilight years ... Hope I answered your question and I wanted to share a bit more about her life from 1954 on ... Thanks Nick for your question!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Rita Returns to America 1951 Photos

New Photos that I got from a friend of mine ...

Candids Photos from the Ship ...

Arriving in America ...

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Nightgown Photo

Picture taken in early part of 1940 before she did Music in My Heart with Tony Martin.

A dear friend of mine gave me this photograph as a favor that I did for him.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Music in My Heart Photos
5 Brand New Photos that I got from my Agent ...
Just released from Hayworth's Estate

With Tony Martin - Loved these!

I loved this Dress ... My favorite dress that Rita wore in her early career

Rita Glamour - Loved them dearly

Nick

Post by Nick »

Rita Hayworth wrote: Nick,

Sad to say it is her - why she was proceeding to marry Dick Haymes and she wore Dark Sunglasses during that timeframe to avoid mingling with the public back then. During that timeframe - she downgraded her looks and started to look more old and that's bothered Harry Cohn so much that her major star starting to lose her glamour looks and that was pretty much the downfall of Rita Hayworth at the time. From 1954 on, she started to change her looks to be more dignified and more regal and tried her best to remain in the public image in the best way possible.

Her marriages to Dick Haymes and James Hill were so bad and its literally took the strain on her that left her wanting to be left alone and she uses those Dark Sunglasses more often to hid the fact that she made another mistake(s) in marrying these two men in the first place and all.

That's why her movies Fire Down Below (1957), Pal Joey (1957), Separate Tables (1958), They Came to Cordura (1959), and The Story On Page One (1959) was her escape from her abuse from both Dick and James from her marriages. For what I learned, that between 1954 to 1957, three long years of problems with men, studio (failed movie project Joseph and the Brethren, 1955) problems, problems with Harry Cohn, and among other things made her life miserable and that's why she hid herself in those shades and that why she couldn't wait to make that movie with Jack Lemmon and Robert Mitchum in Fire Down Below and started to enjoy working so much that she made for lost time.

Five Movies in 3 years was one of her happiest times getting away from her husbands and that's why after divorcing HIll - her 5th an final husband and told herself - I will never, ever get married again and started to reconcile with her daughters Rebecca and Yasmin and that's helped her alot. She was more closer to Yasmin than to Rebecca in later life and Rebecca was more closer to Orson and Yasmin was more closer to Rita.

That's why Yasmin took care of her in her twilight years ... Hope I answered your question and I wanted to share a bit more about her life from 1954 on ... Thanks Nick for your question!
Thanks for your reply, Erik. As I read the article carefully, it appears that there was also a custody battle going on at the time. There's another picture of Rita, her children and Dick Haymes. She does look a little sad in it so it's best if I don't post it here and "ruin" the happy mood that her pictures bring to everyone. It's a great thread. :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Rita Hayworth Loveliest Photos in 1946
My Personal Favorites

All Glamour and Magnificently Posed - Camera just loved her as always! ... This is an excellent example of Dreamlike Gorgeousness - the only two words that I can adequately describe her.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Salome with Stewart Granger
Part 1 of 2

Great Black and White Photos!