Ann Blyth

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
moira finnie
Administrator

Ann Blyth

Post by moira finnie »

Our member Jacqueline Lynch, who blogs at Another Old Movie Blog, has begun a year-long project examining the career of Ann Blyth, who is referenced throughout our boards for her appearance at the TCM Classic Film Festival, her remarkable role as Veda in Mildred Pierce, and her other film roles. Please click on the image below for more about Jacqueline's first post into her research and analysis of all things Ann:

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Jacqueline T. Lynch

Re: Ann Blyth

Post by Jacqueline T. Lynch »

Thank you, Moira, for spreading the word. (I love your avatar with Grady Sutton and Florence Bates.)

The year-long series will cover Ann's TV, radio, and stage work as well as her films. Next Thursday is Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid with William Powell.
Another Old Movie Blog -- [url]http://anotheroldmovieblog.blogspot.com[/url]
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

JTL, your blog on the lovely and talented Ann Blyth is just wonderful. Can't wait to read more about Ms. Blyth. Thanks, Moira.
Joseph Goodheart
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

Jacqueline's project is wonderful . She is a great writer and I do hope it will end up in a biography of Ann Blyth who had quite a career on film,stage and TV.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
AUDREY DALTON is 80 today

STEVE REEVES (1926 - 2000)

TELLY SAVALAS (1922 - 1994)

JOHN DOUCETTE (1921 - 1994)

J. CARROL NAISH (1898 - 1973)
Joseph Goodheart
Jacqueline T. Lynch

Thanks so much Joseph, and Vienna. I'm enjoying the journey, and I hope readers will too. Tomorrow it's a look at what I think is the best of Ann's many radio performances, in this case, a live performance, of the Victorian suspense tale "The Angelic Avengers" on the splendid Studio One series.
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

Ann Blyth is a favourite of mine. I have all but two of her movies, Free For All (1949) and Katie Did It (1951) which seem no longer to exist.

Following the death of my wife, my daughter surprised me one day feeling sorry for myself. She suggested that I get off my backside and do something. So I took up lawn bowls again. About this time I was given a Deanna Durbin movie. I enjoyed it so much that I looked around for more of her movies, and was able to obtain all of them. I then looked for other sopranos to collect. And when I ran out of sopranos I moved on to musicals and dramas.

I have sent messages to some of the movie stars (probably about fifteen or so) thanking them for the pleasure they have given me. I did not seek or expect replies. Why should anyone reply, I am no one.

However Ann Blyth did reply.That puts her on a pedestal.
Jacqueline T. Lynch

Fossy, that's a sweet story about Ann Blyth replying to your letter.

I did manage to find a copy of Free for All, in rather rough shape, but still watchable. I'm still on the lookout for Katie Did It. Not having much luck so far. Also searching for her various TV appearances. If you're still interested in seeing Free for All (a cute, but not a great movie), I invite you to email me at [email protected].
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Jacqueline Lynch will be online on Friday, June 19 & 20 here at the SSO to celebrate the publication of the first full length biography of the actress, Ann Blyth:Actress. Singer. Star. More here where all are welcome to post queries and be a part of the discussion:
http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... 116&t=6880
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks