Sandra Bullock and Katharine Hepburn

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Sandra Bullock and Katharine Hepburn

Post by stuart.uk »

I recently watched a modern day screwball comedy called Proposal with Sandra Bullock. In the film Sandra's screwy comedy timing reminded of the great Katharine Hepburn, including a very funny nude scene, which would never have been allowed in Katy''s day.
RedRiver

Re: Sandra Bullock and Katharine Hepburn

Post by RedRiver »

You know, I saw a long clip of this movie and it didn't look bad. Nowadays, all romantic comedies are marketed as if they're stupid and insulting. This one just might rise above.
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

As modern romantic comedies go, The Proposal isn't half bad, though there are some scenes that really should have been cut from the film. But what the movie really click was the very unexpected chemistry between Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Who knew?

I don't see even a vague resemblance between Bullock and Hepburn, although Bullock played a tough as nails but secretly vulnerable businesswoman in The Proposal, the kind of role Hepburn might once have taken on.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

I ENJOYED "THE PROPOSAL."

The leads, Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds were very attractive, warm personalities, good chemistry and a firm grasp of comedy. I laughed out loud at many scenes in this romantic comedy. ( Recognized scenes that were definitely filmed in the NYC's City Hall area. ) Made me think of "Green Card" with Andie MacDowell and Gerard Depardieu, but much funnier.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Can I just addhow nice it was to see Mary Steenburgen act in a modern drama, as Ryan Reynolds youthful lookin mother. In the UK all we ever see her as Clara Clayton in Back To The Future 3 in 19th Century period attire
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Ms. Steenburgen is an attractive, entertaining personality. She plays the mother/step mother in the silly comedy, STEP BROTHERS. She looks fantastic for her age!