OBITUARIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
KayFrancis

Re: OBITUARIES

Post by KayFrancis »

I'm not sure if Steve Lawrence's name was shown on the In Memoriam screen at the Oscar's but I didn't see it. He was in show business for over 70 years and deserved to be mentioned. They should have found a way to include his name. Those of us who grew up in the 1950s and 1960's enjoyed Steve and Edye's music and performances, they were staple on tv. Thanks Steve for all the entertainment.

RIP Steve Lawrence
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Regarding Richard Lewis, the pilot episode of his onetime sitcom Anything but Love is on YouTube, even with the original commercials intact.....

Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/robyn ... 9163&ei=45 Robyn Bernard who played Terry Brock on General Hospital
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

was "mr6666" @ TCM
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

So sorry to report the passing of the great pianist Byron Janis aged 95. Lovely man, incredible talent. I had the pleasure of working with Byron and his lovely wife Maria Cooper Janis on several occasions.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235854358/

Byron and Maria
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

KayFrancis wrote: March 13th, 2024, 9:54 am I'm not sure if Steve Lawrence's name was shown on the In Memoriam screen at the Oscar's but I didn't see it. He was in show business for over 70 years and deserved to be mentioned. They should have found a way to include his name. Those of us who grew up in the 1950s and 1960's enjoyed Steve and Edye's music and performances, they were staple on tv. Thanks Steve for all the entertainment.

RIP Steve Lawrence
I love watching Steve Lawrence's appearances on THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

HoldenIsHere wrote: March 18th, 2024, 1:20 pm
KayFrancis wrote: March 13th, 2024, 9:54 am I'm not sure if Steve Lawrence's name was shown on the In Memoriam screen at the Oscar's but I didn't see it. He was in show business for over 70 years and deserved to be mentioned. They should have found a way to include his name. Those of us who grew up in the 1950s and 1960's enjoyed Steve and Edye's music and performances, they were staple on tv. Thanks Steve for all the entertainment.

RIP Steve Lawrence
So do I Holden, those skits were so funny. I recently watched a MSW, Steve was in the cast. I don't know if you are old enough to remember how often Steve & Edye would appear on Ed Sullivan, they were so popular in the '60's and '70's. Sad, that so few are left.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

KayFrancis wrote: March 18th, 2024, 2:31 pm
HoldenIsHere wrote: March 18th, 2024, 1:20 pm

RIP Steve Lawrence
So do I Holden, those skits were so funny. I recently watched a MSW, Steve was in the cast. I don't know if you are old enough to remember how often Steve & Edye would appear on Ed Sullivan, they were so popular in the '60's and '70's. Sad, that so few are left.
I love Eydie Gormé!

I wasn't born when THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW originally aired, but I used to watch the syndicated half-hour versions on TV Land in the 1990s.
There are also a lot of great ED SULLIVAN clips online.

My maternal grandmother looks so much like Eydie Gormé.
She had a great vinyl record collection that she let me listen to when I stayed with her.
Thankfully, she still has the collection since vinyl has seen a resurgence in popularity.
She had a few Eydie Gormé records that I used to listen to all the time. What a voice!

The first time I saw Eydie Gormé on the cover of one of my grandmother's albums, I asked her, "Grandma, is that you?"
She got a kick out of that, and of course she had to tell that story to everyone!
That was before I had learned to read, plus they do look so similar.

I think my favorite recording of hers is "What Did I Have That I Don't Have?"
She sang that one on THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW too!

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I have both of those Eydie albums on a combined CD release I bought years ago (Softly and Don't Go To Strangers). I just checked on Amazon today and they are asking 499 bucks for it!!!!! Wow.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Character actor M. Emmett Walsh has passed away at the age of 88.....

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/m-emme ... lYfiGVwClY
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

NoShear

Post by NoShear »

Marysara1 wrote: March 25th, 2024, 1:24 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ron-h ... 148cb&ei=7 Ron Harper.
Thanks for posting, Marysara1.
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »