ken123

7 Days in (Le) May

Post by ken123 »

Burt is playing the ( in)famous General. faa t
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: 7 Days in (Le) May

Post by movieman1957 »

It must be fiction. When did you ever see the Press Corps applaud the President?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

I love this thriller .Great cast led by Lancaster and Douglas, with Fredric March as the beleaguered President.
Lancaster stole the acting honours as the general planning a coup. Edmund O'Brien also very good as a senator who proves his worth .Excellent direction from John Frankenheimer.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Vienna wrote:I love this thriller .Great cast led by Lancaster and Douglas, with Fredric March as the beleaguered President.
Lancaster stole the acting honours as the general planning a coup. Edmund O'Brien also very good as a senator who proves his worth .Excellent direction from John Frankenheimer.
It is one of my favorite Lancaster's films ... Vienna. I love this film so much!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I thought if O'Brien might have toned it down a little it would be better. Other than that it's a terrific film for me. Watching Lancaster and Douglas and March work is a treat.

It is interesting to contrast Lancaster and Douglas here compared to their relationship in other films where they get along.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I keep meaning to read this book. It looks good.