Best Reunions on Film?

Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Best Reunions on Film?

Post by Lzcutter »

Melanie running to greet Ashley home from the war in Gone With the Wind.

The Ringo Kid and Dallas finding redemption together after the Kid's encounter with Luke Plummer and his gang in Stagecoach.

Gary Cooper and Ann Harding in Peter Ibbetson.

And, in a very off-beat way, Joanne Woodward as "Watson" and George C. Scott as "Holmes" and their final walk, where they are joined by others whose lives they have touched while trying to solve a "case", in They Might Be Giants.

Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe in Last of the Mohicans.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Lzcutter wrote:Gary Cooper and Ann Harding in Peter Ibbetson.

And, in a very off-beat way, Joanne Woodward as "Watson" and George C. Scott as "Holmes" and their final walk, where they are joined by others whose lives they have touched while trying to solve a "case", in They Might Be Giants.

Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe in Last of the Mohicans.
Great choices! I had forgotten how beautiful the eventual reunion of the characters in Peter Ibbetson was in that Henry Hathaway film.

Gee, why am I not surprised that you named Daniel Day Lewis & Madeline Stowe getting back together... :wink:
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Western Guy

Post by Western Guy »

The reunion to come between Montgomery Clift's Noah and wife Hope at the conclusion of THE YOUNG LIONS - especially that moment when Hope holds up their infant daughter for Noah to see through the window before he enters the apartment building. Never fails to send a chill through me.