Well, it's October again...

JackFavell

Re: Well, it's October again...

Post by JackFavell »

knitwit - I feel the same way about classic horror- I love it! Nowadays, it's all quick cuts but no story.

Oh, yeah, I definitely saw Thriller in syndication! I think I was seven??? It had to have been in the seventies when I was really little...I loved Karloff's intros. I remember one that sounds like The Walking Dead plot.... but I am not sure. They may have shown the movie after a Thriller episode, but I remember being transfixed in front of the TV watching as Karloff came back to life after being hanged.....

My favorite Karloff film right now is the classic "The Body Snatcher". Karloff is so nasty and vile in this Lewton film (which also boasts a great performance by Henry Daniell), that you wonder how he got the inspiration to play this part. He relishes every moment.

I am kind of looking forward to The Pit and the Pendulum which I watched last when I was about 14 and thought was very sexy... I have no idea if it is any good, or if it was sexy or not.... when you are going through puberty, everything is sexy.

I do wish they were showing Theatre of Blood, but I think they showed it last year, so I'll have to wait for it to come around again.