Boris Karloff: The Gentle Monster (1995)-A Documentary

moira finnie
Administrator

Boris Karloff: The Gentle Monster (1995)-A Documentary

Post by moira finnie »

The Boris Karloff Blogathon has been on all this week all over the internet. If you are interested, just do a Google search and you'll find numerous bloggers writing with great affection about one of our favorite monsters...who was also a great actor.

Boris Karloff: The Gentle Monster (1995)-A Documentary made for Biography on A & E by Kevin Burns has a slew of great interviews and clips from the actor's life and movies. Perhaps you will enjoy it.

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MikeBSG

Re: Boris Karloff: The Gentle Monster (1995)-A Documentary

Post by MikeBSG »

I'll have to watch this.

I think Nov. 23rd was Karloff's birthday.

I'm glad to see that "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" will be on network TV this year.
Ollie

Re: Boris Karloff: The Gentle Monster (1995)-A Documentary

Post by Ollie »

This documentary is wonderfully included in the FRANKENSTEIN 75TH ANNIVERSARY set of disks (and maybe with the Universal Legends from 2002-2003?).

It's been decades since the MOMMY DEAREST-Bette Davis laundry was aired, but the first time I saw the Karloff-Lugosi kids talking about their fathers, I knew these were going to be giant steps forward. I doubt either family gets rich from their own brief documentarian appearances, but I appreciate their discussions and donations to my fond memories of their fathers' work.