Flash Forward

mrsl

Flash Forward

Post by mrsl »

Is anybody watching this program? I find it fiercely addictive. On a certain October day, everyone in the world blacks out at what they are doing for 15 minutes, causing planes to crash, trains to go off track, cars collide, and any other catastrophe you can imagine, does happen. Often at the end of the show, I'm unhappy that it isn't longer. Although there are about 7 or 8 different peoples' futures involved, besides the worldwide ones, the writers do a good job of keeping them separate, yet up to date on each. At the core of it all is the main characters 'flash board' where he is collecting as many clues that he can leading up to the blackout. There are murders, babies born, love affairs, and all sorts of things going on, and you can take your pick of which you want to concentrate on, I guess.

Any comments?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Flash Forward

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

I am watching Flash Forward! The first set of episodes last fall were a mixed bag- I loved the shoot-out in the DC parking garage intercut with Janis' bad encounter in Los Angeles but the heavy reliance on the Binford's marriage was a snooze fest. I like the two actors, especially Sonya Walger (who has much more chemistry with Henry Ian Cusick on Lost than Joseph Fiennes here) but their storyline tends to bog down the real story which for me is much more interesting.

Since they came back from hiatus they seem to have realized that and concentrated more on finding out how the blackout occurred and stopping others from happening again. I am really enjoying this part of the story and have been surprised at some of the plot twists as of late.

I hope it gets renewed!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

pvitari

Re: Flash Forward

Post by pvitari »

I like Flashforward but I like the re-do of V even more, maybe because I really love the opposition of the two leading ladies -- one's eeee-vil and the other is goooood.:)

Morena Baccarin as Anna, eee-vil leader of the Vs

Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica, heroic FBI agent and leader of the "Fifth Column" resistance group