GODZILLA - The King of the Monsters

Rita Hayworth

GODZILLA - The King of the Monsters

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Do I have any GODZILLA fans out in the Silver Screen Oasis environment .... I'm talking about the GODZILLA in the picture below.

I'm curious, really curious ...

My favorite GODZILLA movie of all time is GODZILLA verses MEGAGODZILLA

I dig the Special Effects, the Lasers coming out of Megagodzilla, the suspenseful storyline, and the climatic battle of good verses evil at the end. Another aspect of this movie - that I dig the music score - its so haunting, so evil (referring to Megagodzilla, and everything else in between.

I seen pretty much every GODZILLA film ever made by Toho productions period.
Dewey1960

Re: GODZILLA - The King of the Monsters

Post by Dewey1960 »

You bet I dig that big ugly behemoth, and have since I first sat slack-jawed at the Royal Theater in Detroit and watched him shred Tokyo before my disbelieving eyes! That first GODZILLA film (yes, the truncated version with Raymond Burr trapped in a phone booth trying to warn the world about this incredible menace) is a major component to my earliest movie-going days and a very big reason why I came to love the movies more than anything else in the world. GODZILLA!! Yes!!
[youtube][/youtube]
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

One my favorite Godzilla movie was King Kong verses Godzilla.

King of the Monster going against a monster with a brain. I love when the scientists in the movie made references towards both Kong's brain and Godzilla's brain. One is large and massive (Kong) and One is small as a pea (Godzilla) - the way they talked about that and direction of this film is always a SCI-FI classic. In the late 90's and early 2000's CBUT - A Canadian Station on Cable use to show this movie on an annual basis on late night television and i missed them dearly.

But, anyway ... This movie is always remains a classic ... I love the haunting score, the special effects, and most of all the way TOHO Production made it a legendary classic.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Ugh!
Joseph Goodheart
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

kingme wrote:One my favorite Godzilla movie was King Kong verses Godzilla.
King Kong vs. Godzilla is actually based on an original story by the original Kong animator, Willis O'Brien. He wanted to do a stop-motion film called King Kong vs. Frankenstein (!), with the monster being some kind of giant laboratory experiment gone wrong and then being sent to Skull Island. (Although there are also sketches of the big battle taking place in San Francisco!)

That film, sadly, was never made.

Complications with the story rights saw the basic premise eventually landing at Toho, and King Kong vs. Godzilla was born.

If you ever have the opportunity, try and check out the original Japanese version of the film, which is actually a deliberate satire of the then rampant Japanese consumerism.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS