Three Doctors, a Piper and a Redgrave

stuart.uk

Three Doctors, a Piper and a Redgrave

Post by stuart.uk »

I gather America is getting the 50-yr-aniversary show The Day Of The Doctor today, just as it is here in the UK. Over here there has been a huge build up, incuding a tv movie called An Adventure In Space In Time, starring David Bradley as the first Doctor William Hartnell, Jessica Raine as Verity Lambert, the first woman and youngest producer at the BBC in 1963 and her boss Sidney Newman, who was played by Dundee born actor Brian Cox. It was about the build up to the first episode, which was shown the day after J.F.K's Assassination in Dallas, and the three following yrs of Hartnell's watch as the first Doctor. Apparently,because of J.F.K's murder, the ratings of the 1st show were poor and Newman ordered the cancelation of the show after just 4 episodes. Luckilly Newman listened the Verity, who fought her own corner in keeping the show alive, insisting the 1st episode be repeated before the start of the 2nd. The rest as the say was history and here 50-yrs later. In fact in the tv movie, Hartnell sees a vision of Matt Smith, as he films his final episode.

In The Day Of The Doctor we have at least 3 Doctors, the current Matt Smith, the 10 Doc David Tennent and International film star John Hurt, we think as the Doctor, between Paul Mcann and Chris Eccelson, who was involved in the great time war. Hurt has gone on record as saying it's one of the most challanging roles of his career. In the older episode Journey's End David Tennant was cloned as a half human/part time lord, who was cast to another world along with former companion Billie Piper's Rose Tyler, which means though the real Tennant Doctor was killed off, his clone and Piper were able to appear in this up coming spectacular.

Michael Redrave's granddaughter Jemma Redgrave reprises her role of Kate Stewart of U.N.I.T. She's the daughter of the Brigadeer, who appeared as the head of U.N.I.T with Patrick Throughton and the following 5 Doctors.
stuart.uk

Re: Three Doctors, a Piper and a Redgrave

Post by stuart.uk »

Sorry Masa for starting this thread when you posted something earlier.

Spoiler

It was a bit special, wasn't it? It wasn't Tennent's clone after all, but his real Doctor. It's funny but in Tennent's last storyline, he knew his death was coming, so he went for a joy ride in the Tardis and came back saying in a throw a way line he'd just married Elizabeth 1st of England, so in The Day Of The Doctor that was partly where the story was set. John Hurt was whom I thought he'd be, the 8th Doctor. It looked like as well Peter Capaldi's forehead was seen when he announced himself as the 13th Doctor, one more that the 12 the Doctor is allowed to regenerate, so that''s to be explained.Older fans of the Doctor would have enjoyed the late cameo appearence of the 4th doctor Tom Baker as an old man aided by a walking stick. Was he still the Doctor or not.

After the show finished the BBC throw an after show party where many of the Doctors and former companions were interviewed, then after that as a treat we saw a short comedy movie written and directed by the 5th Doctor Peter Davison, where he and 6th Doctor Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy try by hook and by crook unsuccessfully to get parts in the 50th show. I image both programs might end up on you tube shortly. Directer Peter Jackson also has a cameo in the Davison short