Do You Know Me?

ChiO

Re: Do You Know Me?

Post by ChiO »

Woof! Woof!

Take it Moira.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

oh, shoot, I was going to guess Akim Tamiroff..... :lol:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

knitwit45 wrote:oh, shoot, I was going to guess Akim Tamiroff..... :lol:
Well, he and Rinty did have a lot in common. Except Rin-Tin-Tin didn't have as much fur as Akim.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Who am I?

New York-born, I first appeared on stage speaking a foreign language though I once hoped to become an engineer.

Early in my film career, I appeared in a showy role opposite a noted beauty with her Svengali behind the camera.

Later, I was a key figure but a still a supporting player in two classic adventure films with British roots and a touch of the poetic.

Just before the McCarthy era put a serious crimp in my ability to make a living, I was again cast as an important supporting character, and this time played an intellectual, in a film that became another kind of classic that asked questions about the nature of the universe and our place in it.

Near the end of my career, I enjoyed enormous success in a television program in the '60s--still asking questions about birth, death, and infinity.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Sam Jaffe?
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Bingo, Charlie! Your turn, sir. :wink:

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Let's see if we can have another quick one.

I starred in a few movies and had parts in others, but I was primarily known in another area of the entertainment industry. In my movie career, I appeared in a major religious epic, though few would probably have noticed me among the multitude of Hollywood legends that were cast for the film. One of my last films was religiously oriented, too. I was the star of two remakes - one under its original title and the other under a different title from the original. I was very successful in my other career and it helped me to be able to get the movie roles that allowed me to bring my talents to the large screen. I was often thought of as the "All-American Boy" type, but that didn't keep me from minor controversy during my lifetime. I have a child who also had some success in the entertainment industry.

Who am I?

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

CharlieT wrote:Let's see if we can have another quick one.

I starred in a few movies and had parts in others, but I was primarily known in another area of the entertainment industry. In my movie career, I appeared in a major religious epic, though few would probably have noticed me among the multitude of Hollywood legends that were cast for the film. One of my last films was religiously oriented, too. I was the star of two remakes - one under its original title and the other under a different title from the original. I was very successful in my other career and it helped me to be able to get the movie roles that allowed me to bring my talents to the large screen. I was often thought of as the "All-American Boy" type, but that didn't keep me from minor controversy during my lifetime. I have a child who also had some success in the entertainment industry.

Who am I?
Charlton Heston ... he did The Ten Commandments ... and Ben Hur ... and he had a son named Fraser too ... he also had some success in the entertainment industry. This is my best shot in this. It's maybe too easy ... but I had a hunch its Charlton Heston.
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Sorry, kingme - it's not Chuck Heston.

Quick hint: I was always associated with a certain piece of clothing.

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I'm probably dead wrong, but John Wayne?

I was thinking about his (very unlikely) centurion at the foot of the cross in The Greatest Story Ever Told as the religious epic.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

You're wrong, but hopefully not dead! :shock:

You've got the correct epic.

Another quick hint: I am directly related to a famous early American and we share the same last name.

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Greatest Story Ever Told ... had Pat Boone.
In your first clue ... entertainer ... Debbie Boone.

So, It's has to be Pat Boone.
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Exactly right, kingme. And he had some controversy for appearing in an "S&M" getup in his later years (as well as his "vanilla" renditions of Fats Domino hits in the '50s).

Your turn. :D

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

CharlieT wrote:Exactly right, kingme. And he had some controversy for appearing in an "S&M" getup in his later years (as well as his "vanilla" renditions of Fats Domino hits in the '50s).

Your turn. :D
Yippee :!: I will come up with one by tomorrow ... I need some time to think things over ...
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Here are your first clues ...

I’m an amazingly seasoned actor of stage, screen and television; he did a movie in my hometown that does always have a place in my heart. I even did a role in a made for TV mini-series that surprises me (a cameo) every time I think about it. I have done over 150+ appearances on television and have a bad sordid history of not being able to do a 2nd season at all. Its frustrated me greatly :!:

I was married two times; my 2nd wife was an actress too. She quite lovely (speaking my 2nd one) and she was also a very gifted actress in action films, series, and drama. We even worked together on couple of occasions that always leave a :) on my face. I even played a detective about a drunken and frustrated fireman in a movie that was released two days before my birthday. Many of my friends went to see it on my 26th birthday.

This movie has numerous of television stars with thousands of television credits between them. Many of them were top rated shows from 1970 to 2009.

My Mistake: He wasn't born in my state of Washington, but in California instead ...