The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.
- Audrey Hepburn

Programming Challenge

Please read any new threads in this forum

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

movieman1957
Administrator

Programming Challenge

Postby movieman1957 » January 7th, 2009, 1:02 pm

Starting Monday the 12th I am hosting a new edition of the Programming Challenge over at TCM. I invite anyone with any interest in playing along to come over and submit a schedule.

Basically you program a week as if TCM were to broadcast it. Along with others your schedule will be voted on by other members and the winner gets to host the next one. I am 1 for 7. So there is hope.

I'll have a post up Monday with all the details. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

It can hard to do but it is a lot of fun. It's even more fun when someone votes for your schedule.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

moira finnie
Administrator

Postby moira finnie » January 12th, 2009, 3:54 pm

The TCM Message Board Programming Challenge thread is up at this spot on the boards over there. It sounds as though our friend Movieman1957 has added an interesting kink to the contest, asking each entrant in this challenge to create a special event interview program of their imagining! Cool. I can't wait to read the entries.

movieman1957
Administrator

Postby movieman1957 » January 12th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Me too.

(Thanks for the promo.)
Chris

moira finnie
Administrator

Take Part in Movie Democracy, Won't You?

Postby moira finnie » February 20th, 2009, 3:50 pm

The voting for the 12th TCM Programming Challenge is now ongoing. You can make your voice (and movie choices) be heard by choosing from among the splendid schedules that can be seen on the TCM site.

Our pal Movieman1957 aka Chris is presiding and he will be happy to accept votes by private message as well as publicly declared choices posted on TCM. Please see the link below for more details.
The 12th TCM Programming Challenge

P.S. Chris...I'm still trying to make up my mind!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

movieman1957
Administrator

Postby movieman1957 » February 22nd, 2009, 7:06 am

For the record our friend "Patful" was the winner over five other worthy schedules. Our own Lynn submitted a wonderful schedule but declined to have it considered for voting to let someone else win.

A pleasant time was had by all.
Chris

Return to “Announcements”