The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

Poll re: SSO Member Communications

Please read any new threads in this forum

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

Poll Re: SSO Member Communications

1. I would like members to communicate via email when the message board is offline.
69%
2. I would like members to communicate via The Silver Screen Castaways site in future if there are technical issues.
No votes
3. I would like members to communicate via a Private Group Facebook Page in the future if the SSO is offline.
8%
4. I would like members to communicate via a Public Group Facebook Page in the future if the SSO is offline.
No votes
5. I would like members to communicate via a Private Group Facebook Page as well as The Silver Screen Castaways blog in the future if the SSO is offline.
8%
6. I would like members to communicate via a Public Group Facebook Page as well as The Silver Screen Castaways blog in the future if the SSO is offline.
15%

Total votes: 13

moira finnie
Administrator

Poll re: SSO Member Communications

Postby moira finnie » May 17th, 2012, 3:56 pm

This poll is in response to the recent outage on our site, and is fully discussed here in a thread begun by kingme under the Help! area of our site.

Please vote once on this concept. You have six choices in this poll. This poll will end on Friday, May 25th. Your vote is appreciated as are any comments you would like to add here.

Again, thank you for your continuing interest in the SSO.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Poll re: SSO Member Communications

Postby moira finnie » May 25th, 2012, 8:06 am

Dear Members!

This is just a reminder that today, Friday, May 25th, is the last day to vote on the way you would like to communicate with the SSO admins in the future if our site goes offline. Thanks to those who have taken a moment to make their preferences known!

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

intothenitrate

Postby intothenitrate » May 26th, 2012, 6:32 am

Oops. Forgot to vote, but happy to go along with the collective wisdom. I just wanted to say that I was surprised at what a deep sense of loss I felt when the site was down. Onward and upward!
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington

moira finnie
Administrator

Postby moira finnie » May 26th, 2012, 8:47 am

Out of 12 votes registered in the last week, a "landslide" of 67% participants favored the option of having members communicate via email when this message board is offline. Thanks to all those who voted. Thanks also to all those who expressed confidence in our efforts to make this a welcoming place to discuss films.

In light of that outcome, please take a look at the email address currently attached to your member account at the SSO to ensure that it is an active account where we can let you know of our site's status in the future.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

RedRiver

Postby RedRiver » May 26th, 2012, 5:23 pm

I don't see an email address in my profile. Should I type it in somewhere?

movieman1957
Administrator

Postby movieman1957 » May 26th, 2012, 5:59 pm

If you go to User Control Panel just under the heading and then click on Profile you'll find the options coming down the left side. Look for Edit Account Settings.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Return to “Announcements”