The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.

The Silver Screen Oasis Is Now Back

Please read any new threads in this forum

Moderators: Sue Sue Applegate, movieman1957, moira finnie, Lzcutter

moira finnie
Administrator

The Silver Screen Oasis Is Now Back

Postby moira finnie » August 9th, 2013, 8:51 pm

We’re not saying that there should be shouting in the streets or large demonstrations but...

The Silver Screen Oasis is finally up, and ready to receive her friends and members with open arms! Things look the same right now, though the host we have had for seven years is now different.

After moving our site to a new host, we have been testing out the site to see if everything survived this long transition. You are now welcome to visit the site and post again. Here are a few heads up before you go there about some things you might encounter:

1.) If anyone has a problem logging in or accessing the site, please clear your cache, restart your browser and go to silverscreenoasis.com manually (not through your old bookmark). Please delete the old bookmark and bookmark anew and that should clear any problems! Of course, if you still can’t login, email me at finniemoira@gmail.com.

2.) You may notice a few odd things that you may need to amend to make posts and threads load the way you want. For example, your previously set preferences in each thread may have been set to allow the latest posts to appear first when you open a thread. You may need to go to the bottom of the thread where you would choose from the various choices offered. For example, look for the words “Display posts from: All posts Sort by: Ascending (or Descending)” order. If you want to see the latest ones first, you would choose Descending.

3.) Also, you may notice some quirks in the site. For example, in the oldest section of the SSO in Movies and Features on TCM, if you go to the 18th and part of the 17th pages of this section, you will see the date for postings as Dec.31, 1969 and the last reply will be listed as coming from Guest. Yet, when you open the thread, you’ll see that each post has the name of a member. As far as we know right now, this is not a major issue and will not effect the performance of the message board.

More importantly, if you find any incongruous or erroneous posts or issues as you go about participating in the board, please let the admins know so we can correct them.

4.) Thank you a thousand times for all your interest and patience. Also, a particular thanks to Lynn for all her efforts in finding us a new home! Let the revels begin.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

Professional Tourist

Re: The Silver Screen Oasis Is Now Back

Postby Professional Tourist » August 9th, 2013, 9:04 pm

Yeay, hooray! A big thank-you to Moira, Lynn, and all the staff for the new, improved SSO. :D 8)

JackFavell

Postby JackFavell » August 9th, 2013, 9:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJkrA6DtDgQ[/youtube]

Lzcutter
Administrator

Postby Lzcutter » August 9th, 2013, 9:34 pm

A big thank you to all of YOU for your patience and your dedication to our home away from home!

We truly do appreciate everyone's patience and understanding the last few weeks!

Let the merry-making begin!!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Rita Hayworth

Postby Rita Hayworth » August 9th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Thanks a million ... and I have no problems logging in and out ... I just wanted to say that ... It is been a very long time and i grateful for all the hard work you guys put into this.

Thanks again ... and I will resume tomorrow with pictures and stuff.

:D :D :D

JackFavell

Postby JackFavell » August 9th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Thank every single admin or member who helped to keep us all in touch, and who helped to get us to a new server. You guys are the best!

clore

Postby clore » August 9th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Yes, my thanks also to all and I'll add that the Facebook page was fun.

knitwit45

Postby knitwit45 » August 9th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Thank you, I'm sure this has been a major headache for all of you. now sit back, kick off your shoes, pour a glass of your favorite drink,** and relax a while.

**Or as our lovely Mary Boland said, "pour me a bromo...and put some gin in it!!"
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Postby Sue Sue Applegate » August 9th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I am so thrilled we are back! :D

Knitty, how about a grapefruit vodka and tonic? So refreshing when it's almost 100 degrees....
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2018
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor

Lzcutter
Administrator

Postby Lzcutter » August 9th, 2013, 11:53 pm

kick off your shoes, pour a glass of your favorite drink,** and relax a while.

Knitty,

Done and done as a good friend of mine use to say!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Vienna

Postby Vienna » August 10th, 2013, 2:23 am

Boy, you were missed. Hello again to everybody.

knitwit45

Postby knitwit45 » August 10th, 2013, 7:38 am

Lynn, I know you have been busy, busy, busy...and still found the best avatar yet. Stunning photo!!!!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard

Vecchiolarry

Postby Vecchiolarry » August 10th, 2013, 8:25 am

Hi from Vladivostok!!

Glad we're back on.....
I didn't know if we'd be up & running before I left for Russia, but am glad my I-Pad connected me.
I'm in the Hotel Rezidenze in Vladivostok, Russia - in Siberia - and going to take the Golden Eagle train to Moscow tomorrow. Will then stay in Moscow and Kiev for a week and then meet up with friends in St. Petersburg and then home on October 6th....

So, might not be connecting with the Board often but will try.

Larry

moira finnie
Administrator

Postby moira finnie » August 10th, 2013, 9:23 am

Oh, thanks for checking in, everybody, especially our special correspondent from Siberia!!!

Larry, please let us know if you happen to run into a certain wan-looking Mr. Snowden on The Golden Eagle.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks

kingrat

Postby kingrat » August 10th, 2013, 12:22 pm

This migration to a new site would not have happened without much hard work by a certain lzcutter and a certain Ms. Finnie. It's good to be back where we belong!

Return to “Announcements”