The Unconquered

ken123

The Unconquered

Post by ken123 »

The Unconquered is a C.B. DeMille epic Western due for DVD release soon. Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard are the leads. Paulette takes a bath ( WOW ), Boris Karloff is an Indian chief, and Marc Lawrence makes for a campy Indian Medicine Man. Boris is pretty campy too :lol:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

It's been a long time since I saw 'the Unconquered' but I remember a green gown that Paulette wears, and most of all the drop through the water fall as Coop catches hold of a hanging branch, and the magnet which causes the 'little arrow' to stay put pointing at the chief on the compass. If this is your type of film, a must see for you is also the Henry Fonda/Claudette Colbert, 'Drums Along the Mohawk', another epic Western with wonderful performances by Edna Mae Oliver and Ward Bond.

Anne
ken123

The Unconquered

Post by ken123 »

Anne,
I agree with you 100 % :)
MissGoddess

Yep!

Post by MissGoddess »

It goes almost without saying that this one is already pre-ordered! :wink:

I haven't seen it in ages but remember it as being a fun movie, nothing serious, and that both Gary and Paulette are in fine form. I think it's superior to Northwest Mounted Police, which really ought to have been included as part of a "double feature" with this movie.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Anne---I think Drums Along the Mohawk is just about the best movie about that period in American history I've seen. Certainly the most entertaining. I just love my new dvd, though it cries out for commentary, especially from someone familiar with the details of daily living in that time, which Ford captured beautifully.

I certainly would have wanted Edna Mae Oliver in my pioneer community. Too bad she and Ward Bond couldn't make a go of things. :wink: