Hombre'

mrsl

Hombre'

Post by mrsl »

This is one Paul Newman film I had not seen until today, and I regret that. It's quite a film, whether placed in the desert in western garb, or the middle of New York in suits and ties, the racial differences, the selfishness, and the inhumanity all come to a vivid peak. Although the end was a good one, I kind of wished Newman could have ended up shoving something in his companions faces. I know I missed something in the first 15 minutes because of the final fade out, but at 4:30 or whatever time it was, I was channel surfing for something to watch before I landed on my Western channel, which is usually the second one I check out after TCM. Anyway, it's another example of Paul Newmans' acting ability and well worth a viewing if you've never seen it.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Hombre'

Post by movieman1957 »

I haven't seen it in awhile but it is on the way soon. I was also struck by Newman's controlled performance. Plenty to lose his head over but manages to keep while the others go balmy. I also remember Richard Boone playing another first rate heavy. The climax set at that abandoned mine camp is quite tense.

It is a good one.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Re: Hombre'

Post by mrsl »

Kingrat:

I watch so many westerns that I forget which channel I've seen them on I believe this was on Encore's Western movies channel. However, there are often westerns shown on Fox Movie Channel (FMC) and another Encore channel shows westerns every now and then. TCM rarely shows westerns except in regard to a birthday or a star of the day/month.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************