Another Man, Another Chance

mrsl

Another Man, Another Chance

Post by mrsl »

Has anyone else seen this film? It's a pretty good one about a girl in France who meets a photographer, during a war, I'm not sure which war, but food is scarce, and Paris is overrun with military. Eventually the couple decide to migrate to America, and travel West before settling. In the meantime, James Caan is married, is a rather lousy husband, but a good veterinarian. So in the wild and woolly west, people die and others meet, and the movie goes on from there.

I liked the story a lot, but not the editing. There was too much dead time on camera. e.g. turning a horse and wagon around in a cul de sac is not so exciting to watch, nor seeing sick people over the side of a ship. The movie was a little long as it was, so some things could have been cut. Other things, however, were done very well. Someone gets killed and although not a word is spoken, it's quick but the impact is there, along with an eventual rape scene, also quick and impressive in it's impact. I started watching early in the a.m. so the sub-titles didn't bother me. The whole French part is done in French and not a word of English.

I would love to see comments and remarks about this movie, and likes and dislikes. It's on the Western channel right now and you may like it.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************