Lost Metropolis footage discovered

Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Moraldo Rubini,

:o Hey Franco, I sent you a couple more PM's last week. Did you get these? Please check and see. You mentioned wanting to see Abel Gance NAPOLEON, on the Big screen. At present this is not likely to happen anytime soon. Kevin Brownlow told Ed, All the 70 millimeter's Universal had for Theatrical showings went up in flames in their studio fire some weeks back. A live screening some place in Detroit scheduled for this month I believe had to be canceled. Universal didn't have the material ready to send them. :cry:

:? I actually left gobs of films off this list. I could have stated several more Bebe Daniels, and Renee Adoree Titles. Some Eleanor Boardman, John Gilbert, Clara Bow, Tom Mix, and the list goes on and on. I forgot the name of the BEAU GESTE sequel in 1928 with Gary Cooper, Evelyn Brent and William Powell, or I would have mentioned that title. Anyway, I couldn't spell it! Most of the Cooper pairing's in the late 20's with Fay Wray have been lost as well. What a sad state of affairs!

:roll: The amount of lost films makes it all the more important to restore what comparatively little is left! Who knows what hidden Masterpieces have gone largely unseen for decades on end?