Poster For The Patent Leather Kid (1927)

Gagman 66

Poster For The Patent Leather Kid (1927)

Post by Gagman 66 »

:o This First National pictures release from 1927 Directed by Alfred Santell, and starring Richard Barthelmess, is completely forgotten, but at the time it was a blockbuster movie, and it is not lost either! Warner's still own's this film!

:roll: I have seen this movie, and for the past year, and a half, I have been trying to get Warner's to do something with it. Barthelmess was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar in the First year of the awards.

Here is a very nice vintage movie poster I just found for the film.

drednm

Post by drednm »

a terrific film although I wasn't crazy about Molly O'Day, who I think was the sister of Sally O'Neil.

Kevin Brownlow wrote me that this film was "in line" for a restoration but I never got any more info on when or by whom.....

Richard Barthelmess is just great in this film, one of his best silent performances.

great poster!!!
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Ed,

:) Well, I have asked TCM Programmer to get in touch with Bob Gitt head of Warner's prevervation department, about this movie. Also WINE OF YOUTH, AN EXCHANGE OF WIVES, THE FIRE BRIGADE, FORBIDDEN HOURS, and LILAC TIME, among others.

:roll: This was just mentioned by somebody on the forum. Maybe Warner's has something planned for MGM's 85th Anniversary next year? A possible series of the major MGM Silent's not yet on DVD? Though I certainly won't hold my breath. Although Charles Tabesh is certain that THE BIG PARADE will be out in 2009.

:shock: TCM is actually running THE DIVINE LADY with Corinne Griffith, again next month. It probably hasn't been aired in over a decade?
drednm

Post by drednm »

Jeff.... for some reason I never liked THE DIVINE LADY much... not sure why. Mayb'e I'll try it again.
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Ed,

:? THE DIVINE LADY is running as part of "Marie Dressler Day", although she isn't hardly in the film at all. For some reason they have not scheduled THE PATSY? :(

Still it is Corinne Griffith! ("sigh") :lol:

drednm

Post by drednm »

Yes I like Corinne Griffith ok but I don't like the film.... plus Frank Lloyd (?) won an Oscar for directing it?