Obscure Robert Israel Scoring Credit???

Gagman 66

Obscure Robert Israel Scoring Credit???

Post by Gagman 66 »

:o Here is something really odd. I am trying to find any info on the web for a Robert Israel score to THE BLACKBIRD. There isn't any on IMDB, which I find rather interesting.

:shock: However, there is an obscure scoring credit for Israel to a version of SKYSCRAPERS (1928) with William Boyd! Now I am trying to get more details on this. I wonder when this was done, and if the version is around anyplace? I wouldn't think it would be for Photo-play Productions, Israel has never done any scores for them that I remember? Probably something for David Shepard? Can anyone here tell me more about this matter?
DShepFilm

Post by DShepFilm »

Nothing to do with me. Why don't you just ask Robert?

David Shepard
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Mr. Shepard,

:o Thanks for the info. I wonder if the listing is accurate at all? I have never seen THE SKYSCRAPERS.

:roll: Incidentally, how is the restoration project of Vidor's BARDELEYS THE MAGNIFICENT progressing at this point? I haven't heard anything additional since you were our guest here back in March? Are there any plans for the scoring of this picture yet? I assume Warner's still own's the movie? Also, is there anything new that you are currently working on?

:D After several talks with Charles Tabesh, I managed to get Chaney's THE BLACK BIRD with Robert Israel's score on the North American TCM schedule, a debut in the States, which I am very pleased about. Does Israel have a web-site by chance? I have not been able to find one?