Re: The Big Parade at MoMA Tonight/Tomorrow!

Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

:o Another reminder, for those to you residing in the New York area, King Vidor's Masterpiece THE BIG PARADE Starring John Gilbert and Renee Adoree will be screening three times starting tonight in 35 millimeter at the Museum of Modern Art on the 24th, 25th, and 26th. However, I have learned that there will only be live musical accompaniment on the first two nights. So you need to be there this evening or tomorrow.

If this is the new 2004 Warner restoration I am not at all sure? Because MoMA has long had it's own print of THE BIG PARADE in it's collection. So I wouldn't count on it or anything.

If they are running the 2004 restoration, Jack has informed me that the 1931 re-issue track basically a scaled down version of the original William Axt-David Mendoza 1925 score for live Orchestra, has been slapped on the rental prints, and re-cut to fit the recent restoration. So it is possible they will run the film with the vintage recorded track on the 26th?

http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/events/8679

Slim (Karl Dane), Jimmy (John Gilbert, and Bull (Tom O'Brien) Trapped in the Trenches
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Argh! Wish I'd known this a few weeks ago. This is something I would have flown across the country for...