Is this a HOAX - or what ?!!!

klondike

Is this a HOAX - or what ?!!!

Post by klondike »

Somebody text M. Night Shyamalan!

This is from a site called Technolog, the feature being run as a newsbyte on MSN.
{Had to go to YouTube in order to imbed the link.}

Cell phone time traveler from 1928?
Is this woman on a cell phone in a 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie?
By Suzanne Choney

Is a woman in a 1928 film who appears to have a cell phone glued to her ear in fact a time traveler?
That's what some conspiracy theorists think this eerie scene (video below) from Charlie Chaplin's 1928 film, "The Circus" is telegraphing, or rather phoning, and that the woman -- who looks about as time-traveler-ish as Martha Stewart, is indeed a voyager from the vortex of time and space.

[youtube][/youtube]
MichiganJ

Re: Is this a HOAX - or what ?!!!

Post by MichiganJ »

Forget the cell phone (or hearing aid, to spoil the fun), what kind of animal is that with the saddle? I haven't seen one of those since Sheena: Queen of the Jungle.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

It was cold out and she was covering her ear. She had a bad case of mastoids and this was before penicillin was invented. She also had high cholesterol and suffering from Diabetes. Under the circumstances she had trouble listening to the Yankee game. No cell phone was involved. Just a tin can.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

:D Actually, it is no doubt a frustrated Silent film fan from our own not to distant future. Sneaking back into the time stream on a possible suicide mission to confiscate a pristine print of Lubitsch THE PATRIOT, Wellman's LEGION of THE CONDEMNED, Chaney's THE BIG CITY, or maybe Murnau's FOUR DEVIL'S? Assuming that the film made the return journey to his own century without bursting into flame, we should be finding the booty any time now! :wink: I can hardly wait!
drednm

Post by drednm »

why the slap shoes?

If the old lady can't come back with a pristine of copy of Flaming Youth or Madame Sans-Gene she can just stay there!
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Ed,

:shock: Yes, but those where not 1928 films. Hey, I managed to change my Avatar to Colleen, but it won't work on other boards like Nitrateville? I wonder why? It's the same set up as here I thought? Disappointing. If there are no Colleen Moore titles among the 190 plus films yet to be exported from Gosfilmofond I real really be frustrated. Because there were none among the New-Zealand 75 either. :(
Last edited by Gagman 66 on October 29th, 2010, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drednm

Post by drednm »

size?
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

Ed,

:( Size is not an issue. I have about 5 Avatars I could use, all are under the limit. They just won't upload.