The Incorrigible Dukane 1915...worth a watch?

HowardRoarkSheffield

The Incorrigible Dukane 1915...worth a watch?

Post by HowardRoarkSheffield »

I'm a big John Barrymore fan, and I've recently located a copy of The Incorrigible Dukane. Is there anyone who's seen this film and is it worth a watch. :?:
[b][color=#FF0000]HowardRoarkSheffield [/color][/b]
[i]Crying over the fact I was born a hundred years too late. [/i]
[color=#FF0000]Contact me: [email protected] [/color]
http://roshulse.tumblr.com/
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: The Incorrigible Dukane 1915...worth a watch?

Post by moira finnie »

Heck, Howard, I'd watch anything with John Barrymore. I just found a few minutes of this comedy on youtube which I've posted below. The quality of the film print is very poor and clearly from a VHS tape, but it is interesting to see Barrymore so young (around 33). He looks to me as though he is having a bit of fun in this movie, which came just before the decade when he began the best work of his life on stage and became an accomplished screen actor as well (though I think his best movie roles were in the early '30s with Twentieth Century, Counsellor-at-law, and Dinner at Eight).

I hope that the quality of any print that you see of this movie is a bit better than this one:
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
HowardRoarkSheffield

Re: The Incorrigible Dukane 1915...worth a watch?

Post by HowardRoarkSheffield »

He looks so young. I agree, Twentieth Century always makes me cry with laughter. A Bill Of Divorcement's a good one too. Always make me laugh, Barrymore playing Hepburn's father...after reading his biography and finding out he hit on her. There are many versions of that story...some tame...some not so tame
[b][color=#FF0000]HowardRoarkSheffield [/color][/b]
[i]Crying over the fact I was born a hundred years too late. [/i]
[color=#FF0000]Contact me: [email protected] [/color]
http://roshulse.tumblr.com/