San Francisco

ken123

San Francisco

Post by ken123 »

Great Voice, great beauty,great gams = Jeannette MacDonald. Great special effects, great direction by W.S.( Woody ) VanDyke, great role for Specer Tracy as a Priest. Oh - some guy named Gable was also in it ! :wink:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Just watched it again and still in love with it. JACK BURLEY :o and Jesse Ralph as Mrs Burley are terrific!!!!!
MissGoddess

Re: San Francisco

Post by MissGoddess »

ken123 wrote:Great Voice, great beauty,great gams = Jeannette MacDonald. Great special effects, great direction by W.S.( Woody ) VanDyke, great role for Specer Tracy as a Priest. Oh - some guy named Gable was also in it ! :wink:
Now now, Ken! :P

Yes, I get suckered into watching it every single time it comes on. Somehow, it just manages to entertain even though it's kind of hokey at times. Guess I love hokum. :roll:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Miss G, I love the second definition of "hokum":

1. Something apparently impressive or legitimate but actually untrue or insincere; nonsense.
2. A stock technique for eliciting a desired response from an audience.

Isn't that what movies are all about?

Nancy
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Yes, indeed, Nancy---"stock techniques" have a way of working with me over, and over, and over again. :lol:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

me too! When certain movies are on, no matter how many times I have seen them, I have to watch again. The REALLY good ones have me hooked to the point that I always hold my breath: Will Ilsa get on the plane or stay with Rick? Will Blackie find Mary dead in the rubble, or is she ok?

Guess we're a couple of suckers!!!! :lol: :lol: And ain't it fun?
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

knitwit:

Your last post defines how I choose my favorite movies, how I make up my lists of favorites and which movies I copy, or try to buy DVD's of. I don't plan on repairing my VCR so I am trying to find my favorites on DVD. I live for the big bins at Walmart that have old movies on sale from $1.00 to $5.00.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

knitwit45 wrote:Guess we're a couple of suckers!!!! :lol: :lol: And ain't it fun?
I wouldn't want to be any other way. :wink: