Britain's Got Talent

stuart.uk

Britain's Got Talent

Post by stuart.uk »

i think last yrs winner on Simon Cowells Britain's got Paul Potts made an impact in America, i wonder what the future has in store for yesterday's winner 15-yr-old George Sampson. he was a rap dancer, who finished the show by starting to dance traditionally to Gene Kelly's Singing In The Rain, before up-dating it into a more modern dance routine. like Kelly he finished the routine soaked to the skin. his big prize is not only the money, but an appearence in front of Prince Charles at the Royal Command Performance

i personally prefered the group of mini-skirted female Violin players, who danced brilliantly to the classical/pop music tunes they played. there was also a talented dog act, who with his female owner did a dance routine Michael Jackson would be proud off.

it's been suggested Simon is going to go global with this format.

Simon's fellow Judges from last yr joined him again. Amanda Holden, who played Hayley Mills daughter, before she was killed off, in acclaimed tv show Wild At Heart and former Fleet Street Editor Piers Morgan, who on the strength of shows like this is to become a chat show host.

i gather to that Simon's fellow Judge on The X-Factor Sharon Osbourne is now a judge on an American talent show.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Paul Potts is the first winner of the show last yr. he worked in a warehouse, before he wowed the judges and public with his opera singing of Nessen Dorma.

i think as well as conventianal acts, novelty performers are encouraged to take part. i think it's a throw back to the pk yrs of the American and British music hall, when the likes of dog acts and acrobats were as popular as the so called normal acts