Anyone See "The Last Of The Blonde Bombshells"

Uncle Stevie

Anyone See "The Last Of The Blonde Bombshells"

Post by Uncle Stevie »

This (2000) movie is a gem. The cast alone is marvelous and it is filled with great music and a great story. I loved this movie and you will too. Rarely does a movie project direction as well as this one does. It has won Golden Globe Awards and you will see why. Get this movie and spend a very happy time watching it.

Storyline
After Elizabeth's husband dies, she begins to play her tenor saxophone again, and remembers when she was 15 and a member of the Blonde Bombshells, an all-girl (with one exception) swing band. Accompanied by the exception and urged on by her grand-daughter, Elizabeth hunts up all the old members of the band and urges them to perform, and in doing so, learns more than she knew about the band, its members, the roses on the drum set, and herself--the last of the Blonde Bombshells.

Cast
Cast overview, first billed only:
Judi Dench ... Elizabeth
Ian Holm ... Patrick
Leslie Caron ... Madeleine
Olympia Dukakis ... Dinah
Cleo Laine ... Gwen
Joan Sims ... Betty
Billie Whitelaw ... Evelyn
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
stuart.uk

Re: Anyone See "The Last Of The Blonde Bombshells"

Post by stuart.uk »

Saw it yrs ago and it's great. As well as Judi Dench and Ian Holm it's great to see much loved UK actresses June Whitfield and in one of her last roles the wonderful Joan Sims alongside Hollywood star Leslie Caron. It's als great to see that great jazz singer Cleo Lane in a rare film role
Birdy

Re: Anyone See "The Last Of The Blonde Bombshells"

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for the title, I will look for it soon because it sounds like it's right up my alley.