KRAKATOA WEST OF VINE

Chit-chat, current events
NoShear

KRAKATOA WEST OF VINE

Post by NoShear »

The late eruption of KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA in the United States is said to have occurred at the CINERAMA dome 55 years ago on this day...
Quentin Tarantino later recreated the theater's facade for his ONCE UPON A TIME IN... HOLLYWOOD:

I got to attend a special screening of the 2019 movie at the celebrated theater which brought me fifty years full circle with my childhood experience of seeing KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA at the DOME.
Hibi

Re: KRAKATOA WEST OF VINE

Post by Hibi »

Krakatoa is actually WEST of Java, but that's Hollywood!
NoShear

Post by NoShear »

Hibi wrote: May 14th, 2024, 11:29 am Krakatoa is actually WEST of Java, but that's Hollywood!
Yes, Hibi, the proverbial Hollywood license knows no bounds...

Another example that comes to mind for me: blond and tall John Schneider cast as shorter and darker Michael Landon in MICHAEL LANDON The Father I Knew!?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Anyone here ever catch this movie's sequel..."Krakatoa: And It Hurts Like Hell
It's the story of Murray Sheinbaum M.D., Beverly Hills' Podiatrist to the Stars.

(...didn't think so...it was a box office bomb, ya know)
Last edited by Dargo on May 14th, 2024, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: May 14th, 2024, 11:29 am Krakatoa is actually WEST of Java, but that's Hollywood!
So then, what you're tellin' me here Hibi is that BESIDES that old axiom that says "Never get your History from Hollywood movies", we should ALSO add the subject of Geography to that here TOO then, huh?!

(...thanks, I'll keep this in mind)

;)
NoShear

Post by NoShear »

Dargo wrote: May 14th, 2024, 6:19 pm Anyone here ever catch this movie's sequel..."Krakatoa: And It Hurts Like Hell" ?

It's the story of Murray Schwartz M.D., Beverly Hills' Podiatrist to the Stars.

I missed that one, Dargo, but it reminded me of the one about a gun-totin', wise-crackin' motorcycle outlaw who cracks up - in more ways than one. ;)
I think he covets this two-wheeler with his injury settlement:

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: May 14th, 2024, 6:19 pm Anyone here ever catch this movie's sequel..."Krakatoa: And It Hurts Like Hell
It's the story of Murray Sheinbaum M.D., Beverly Hills' Podiatrist to the Stars.

GROAN..............
NoShear

Post by NoShear »

Dargo wrote: May 14th, 2024, 6:31 pm
So then, what you're tellin' me here Hibi is that BESIDES that old axiom that says "Never get your History from Hollywood movies", we should ALSO add the subject of Geography to that here TOO then, huh?!

(...thanks, I'll keep this in mind)

;)
I think I need to give you co-credit for this thread's subject title, Dargo: If I correctly recall, you once joked about the (South Bay) direction you came from to witness KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA at the DOME.
Masha

Post by Masha »

{Pedanticism=ON}

Any two points on the surface of a globe which do not lie on the same line of longitude are both east and west of each other. It is simply a matter of how far you wish to travel when going from one to the other.

{Pedanticism=OFF}
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Masha wrote: May 20th, 2024, 12:29 pm
{Pedanticism=ON}

Any two points on the surface of a globe which do not lie on the same line of longitude are both east and west of each other. It is simply a matter of how far you wish to travel when going from one to the other.

{Pedanticism=OFF}
LOL!