Dough Boy passes away

Chit-chat, current events
mongoII

Dough Boy passes away

Post by mongoII »

SAD NEWS...
Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch.
The grave site was piled high with flours.
Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for
millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for abou 20 minutes.
Joseph Goodheart
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

To paraphrase Dr. Smith on TV's Lost In Space:

"Oh, the pun, the pun!" :roll:
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm shattered! I actually had a little Dough Boy dollie, just like the one in the picture! I feel I must have been one of the countless little urchins who contributed to his kneadless demise. :oops:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Mongo,
I heard that Snap, Crackle and Pop were pall bearers, though they were so noisy in church and lacking in the dignified comportment that such an occasion demands that they had to wait outside. (See below for a visual equivalent of their presence at the funeral.)
The fourth pall bearer was one of Dough Boy's oldest friends, the Jolly Green Giant. Dough Boy and the Jolly Green Giant enjoyed many a good laugh together, though Jolly's earth-shaking chortles usually drowned out Dough Boy's endearing giggle, heh-hee!

Below is a candid photo of the 2 buddies out on the town toward the end of Dough Boy's life. Note signs of fatigue exhibited by Mr. Dough Boy, who at this stage of his life had clearly lost his boundless capacity for rising above any circumstance. (I guess that's what you get for leaving the dairy case behind).
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

Wait have they really killed the Dough Boy or is this all just a joke? I loved his laugh!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Speedy Speaks

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Speedy Alka Seltzer stated that "Pills had such an effervescent personality, and even though I tried to help him, rumors have given rise to the fact that it was more than just a chemical imbalance, but are completely false."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Poor Bogie:

You sound so unhappy and sad. I too, will miss the little fellow. He was always such a jolly bit of fun.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

mrsl wrote:Poor Bogie:

You sound so unhappy and sad. I too, will miss the little fellow. He was always such a jolly bit of fun.

Anne
Yeah when I was a kid I wanted to get a plush doll of his likeness. I never did get one though. :(