most handsome/beautiful face in movies

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Re: most handsome/beautiful face in movies

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Sometimes the unconventional beauties are the ones that are allowed to take more interesting roles and develop more as an actor. Actors at the top of my list include Charles Boyer, James Mason, Maurice Chevalier and Charlie Chaplin, all attractive, a mixture of looks and character but none poster boy pretty. I love Cary Grant he's picture perfect to me but I'd take any of the other four first.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

Well, whereas the topic titling this thread might still be open for debate, I can sure tell ya who the most beautiful face on network television is . . the triumphantly tressed, divine-eyed Ms. Jennifer Esposito, currently co-starring on CBS' "Blue Bloods" . . where she makes the other usually-stunning actresses look like high-priced chopped liver . . at least until Sela Ward guest stars . .
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

FYI

It's looks like we are taking everything into consideration - movies, television, past, and present included.

I know she married - but, Robin Meade is a stunner - has looks similar to Sela Ward.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Ye've looked sharp indeed, Laddie -- she shares that "come-hitherness" with Madame Ward, 'tween the eye & the brow . . and in person, I seldom need tellin' twice.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Not a great actor, but Alan Marshal was ridiculously handsome in his heyday.

A decent actress and a very troubled lady, but few actresses in movies could match the face that nature gave Frances Farmer.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Your choices are well put - Moira ... well put - I'm not going into great detail here ... but, I do remember seeing them in movies and they certainly lights up on the screen with their handsome/beautiful looks. I commend your choices - both of them are outrageously stunning :!:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Klondike:
Regarding your opinion of Jennifer Esposito . . . I heartily agree. Since she is in virtually every episode as Danny's partner, I wonder why she doesn't have equal billing with all the other regulars on the show. I've been watching her for years and can't understand why someone hasn't grabbed her up to star in her own show. Now, however, I'll keep my mouth shut and just enjoy being able to appreciate her talent on a weekly basis. I'm glad she got onto what seems like should be a long running show.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Madame Ward is very pretty but has poor posture. Rita Hayworth stands tall. In fact many actors and actresses have poor posture. Claudett Colbert comes to mind in that way. I guess a "pretty face is like a melody".

I even have poor posture. Take a look at the new teen sensation, Selena Gomez, and check out a beautiful posture right now. I wonder what she will look like in ten years.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
klondike

Post by klondike »

One has to wonder if any of our current teen sensations will still be in show business ten years from now.
I'm still trying to comprehend how this Justin Bieber kid became a global multi-media celebrity with such mind-reeling speed, and just what his exact, bankable performing talent was before he had females of all ages screaming his name in airports.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Beber, right now, is going out with Selena Gomez. They make a cute couple but I agree with Klonike about their longevity in the business. Then again I never thought all those crazy weird rock bands from the fifties would last. They are still making fortunes.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"