MEMORIAL DAY

Chit-chat, current events
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: MEMORIAL DAY

Post by moira finnie »

Amen, Nancy.

My thanks to both gentlemen for gracing our pages here and for your service. That appreciation also goes out to all those who have honored our country with their lives in every branch of the service and in daily life. I hate war, but know every day how many others have made my freedom possible through their sacrifice today and in years past in the military and as civilians.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Happy Memorial Day everybody! I love living in a free country, practicing the religion of my choice, having clean running water in the house, knowing where my next meal is coming from, and having many friends and families to love.

Many men in my family made my freedom possible by their sacrifices while supporting and defending this country. Let us remember them with pride, love, and peace.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Happy Memorial Day everybody! I love living in a free country, practicing the religion of my choice, having clean running water in the house, knowing where my next meal is coming from, and having many friends and families to love.

Many men in my family made my freedom possible by their sacrifices while supporting and defending this country. Let us remember them with pride, love, and peace.
Same Here ... Sue Sue ... about 1/5 of my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and two members of my family all served in the US Armed Forces from World War Two to Vietnam Conflict. And, I have an Uncle who was a Colonel in the Army AND a Cousin that was a Commander in the US Navy. They both served 25 years.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Hi everyone. I noticed that few people mention the Korean war that I was a part of. I never saw combat but served in the Electronic Signal School in Fort Gordon, Georgia. As an instructor in the school I helped develop young minds in the field of communication so that radio phones could function to connect the officer leaders of divisions. We were mobile in the field and kept up conversations between groups. We were excited about the success we had and knew that we helped advance the US Army into the modern electronic world. I am embarrassed to speak of our equipment and note that todays communication is a thousand times more effective and certainly less cumbersome. I still was proud of how I served my country during that time.

Uncle Stevie

Sergeant in charge of FM Theory at Fort Gordon, GA.
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Uncle Stevie, my ex was at Fort Gordon during the Vietnam war, and learned the technology you started years before. He and a friend were deployed to Vietnam, attached to the 23rd Cav, directing our pilots around 'friendly' fire. In the 12 months he was there, they never lost a pilot or aircraft. So the principles you taught saved many, many lives!

Our world is smaller than we realize, isn't it?