'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Well folks in my hometown - we are having a HEAT WAVE for the next six days of which records will be broken and our average temperature will be in the ... drum roll please ...

91 Degrees!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I hope that this breaks soon for people in the Pacific Northwest. You aren't living near any of the brush fires that the news loves to show, are you, Erik?

No complaints here--we have had a good stretch between some ferocious thunder storms--low humidity, lots of fluffy clouds and in the '50s at night a few times. Pretty ideal, which I won't take for granted. I'm sure that hotter weather awaits us.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

After a late start, winter, my favourite time of year is here. June was the wettest for 15 years, but now we have our typical winter. It was 11 Degrees (51.8) last night, a bit cooler than usual and today a maximum of 25 degrees ( 77) and a fine sunny day is expected. I can now look forward to a few months of this.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

moirafinnie wrote:I hope that this breaks soon for people in the Pacific Northwest. You aren't living near any of the brush fires that the news loves to show, are you, Erik?

No complaints here--we have had a good stretch between some ferocious thunder storms--low humidity, lots of fluffy clouds and in the '50s at night a few times. Pretty ideal, which I won't take for granted. I'm sure that hotter weather awaits us.

I live 5 miles from Puget Sound and the humidity is horrible and I'm in no danger of brush fires anywhere. For the rest of the month - better than average temperature and many people are staying away from Central Washington because the brush fires ... I'm canceling my camping trip later on in July because of the brush fires. Going to the Coast where it is 10-15 degrees cooler and safer. I'm visiting a dear friend who live in Long Beach Washington for 4 days.

Right now it's 84 and climbing ...
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

It's going to be one of the warmest July on record this month ...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Hot as blazes in Kentucky. But after 30 years in Chicago, I don't mind!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It's hot here too but the humidity is a real killer. That is after a big thunderstorm last night. Wed it will be 79.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Fossy

Post by Fossy »

This morning the temperature dropped to 7C (44.6F). The coldest morning since 1947.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

After one of the longest, snowiest winters in years, we are having a cooler-than-normal summer here in northeast Ohio. I haven't minded too much, but I was thinking how there haven't been that many days that would be fun to go swimming. I don't think it ever hit 90 degrees here this year. Unusual. Also, the humidity hasn't been that bad, either. We get a lot of humidity being right on Lake Erie.

Wondering if it's been cooler than normal anywhere else this year.

SandY K
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

If it keeps raining as hard as it has been today I will be swimming home.

Yes, we have had a cooler summer than most. Maryland is usually pretty hot and humid by now and it has not been at all usual. Lows hovering about 60 degrees and only occasionally above 85.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Rain here too, the past couple of days. I'd like some summertime before August is over!

Sandy K
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

sandykaypax wrote:Wondering if it's been cooler than normal anywhere else this year.
NYC residents have been enjoying an exceptionally mild summer. Although the season is far from over, up till now we've had only one or two days that have reached ninety degrees. Most days are quite comfortable, and some evenings after work I don't need to turn on the a/c at all, just run fans. Unheard of for summer-in-the-city in my lifetime! 8)
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

You must be saving some on your electric bill for sure!

Sandy K
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

As the rest of the country has had its share of weird weather all year long, we here in the City of Angels (and all of California) have been in the midst of a multi-year drought that shows no sign of ending soon.

However, today, Mother Nature finally smiled on us and the heavens opened up and it rained, all day and now into the night.

We raise our glass to you, Mother Nature, and thank you for this bounty!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Heard from all sorts of people that it was actually raining in LA yesterday. May this be the harbinger of milder weather to come for all of dear, parched California.

We had freakishly warm, almost 60 degree weather on Sunday, but are back to the normal early Dec. mid-thirties today. The mild day gave many the energy to put up Christmas decorations. Now when it gets dark at 3:45pm we can enjoy the comfort of the electric glow from the neighbors' porches and windows.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks