The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
feaito

Re: The whiny thread

Post by feaito »

Birdy wrote:Thanks to all of you for all your support.
I can't explain what all this change exactly means in my life but I hope you'll continue to keep me uplifted.
I really appreciate it.
You are a very good friend Birdy. The World needs more people like you.
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

Alison, it's nice to read about your day with Chris - that sounds like a fun place to go shopping! Did you dye your hair? I am glad to read that you are finding ways to cheer each other up, you two seem really good for each other.

Birdy, you are a great friend.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

What's going on? What have I missed? Between my computer acting crazy, my granddaughter taking three days to fix it, and this site going whack-o, I seem to be way behind on current events. Someone please tell me what is happening with Alison. Apparently something went very wrong and everyone was there giving her support, and I feel kind of like the 'user' who always takes and never gives.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
feaito

Post by feaito »

Mrsl, Alison discovered a few days ago that she had a miscarriage.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Anne, Glad to see you back and I'm glad your computer is repaired.
feaito: Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you all have a great holiday.
I'm having a secret picnic with the friend.

Whine: Every single bug in the state of Illinois hatched out yesterday.
(Scratch.)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Birdy, the state bird of Kansas is the mosquito. No wait, is that June Bugs? or Cicadas? Nope, I'm pretty sure its mosquitoes. Calamine or Caladryl (half calamine, half Benedryl??) is the answer! And I've heard that a dryer sheet or two will help keep them away. worth a try?
Have fun on your picnic, and if your dear friend isn't shy of physical contact, give her a hug for me.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Down here in Alabama, the state bird is the "Love Bug" which derives it's name from their uncanny ability to become part of your windshield while coupled together ! You never see them flying solo ! Come to think of it, is there a better way to die ? If there is, I haven't thought of it yet.

Seeya, Hollis
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Synnove wrote:Alison, it's nice to read about your day with Chris - that sounds like a fun place to go shopping! Did you dye your hair? I am glad to read that you are finding ways to cheer each other up, you two seem really good for each other.

Birdy, you are a great friend.
Yes I dyed my hair, nothing too drastic, I thought it was best not to go too wild but it is kind of a reddy brown with reddish highlights on top. I love it, I always wanted auburn hair. It suits me but Libby would still like me to be platinum blonde, how unforgiving that shade would be.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

mrsl wrote:What's going on? What have I missed? Between my computer acting crazy, my granddaughter taking three days to fix it, and this site going whack-o, I seem to be way behind on current events. Someone please tell me what is happening with Alison. Apparently something went very wrong and everyone was there giving her support, and I feel kind of like the 'user' who always takes and never gives.

Anne
it's nice to see you back Anne. I had a miscarriage a few days ago, I was 12 weeks pregnant but the baby had died two or three weeks before, I had to be admitted to hospital to have the foetus surgically removed. I'm up and down at the moment but trying to keep busy. I know I have your support too.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
klondike

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote:What's going on? What have I missed? Between my computer acting crazy, my granddaughter taking three days to fix it, and this site going whack-o, I seem to be way behind on current events.

Anne
Anne;

Any time that you feel you've "gotten behind" on the events in any particular thread, just move backward from the most recent page until you find the earliest date that you were absent.
That way, you can actually review all the posts you missed, no matter how long you were "away"! :wink:
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Hollis - Oh, I know you people have some monster bugs down south so I really shouldn't be whining to you.
Yikes. I sometimes watch 'The Exterminators' which takes place in Louisiana (where my husband used to live) and Billy the exterminator said something like 'Louisiana has so many vicious bugs and critters it makes you wonder if people should even live here!"

Klondike - What pests lurk about your tower?

Nancy - hug completed. Thanks sent back to you.

Alison - your hair sounds fabulous. I have gone a little redder in this phase of my life and I think it's a very uplifting look. I hope they pampered you beyond belief and you enjoy the rest of the weekend feeling all glammed up. I, on the other hand, am hot, sticky, and itchy.
(I had to end with a whine, after all...)

B
charliechaplinfan

I like my red, it is uplifting, thanks Birdy.

I need to say HOW GREAT IT IS TO BE BACK AND I'VE MISSED YOU GUYS

I'm much better, retail therapy has done me a world of good. Plus all the preparations for the new house. We need so many things everything we have is fixed in place here so I've had to buy furniture, lighting and soft furnishing and boy have I enjoyed it. Added to that I've chosen my kitchen, bathroom (s) and flooring. I can highly recommend getting a new house to totally absorb you from dealing with the feelings of loss.

Of course the doctor wasn't pleased, I was meant to be resting, well nobody told me but perhaps it didn't take a genius to work that out. I pushed the physical so I didn't have to deal with the emotional until I was up to it. Now I'm up to it and I can deal with the emotional.

What will be, will be.

Great to be back guys
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

SO GREAT TO BE BACK, THANK YOU JON, I HAVE MISSED THIS SITE AND ALL OF YOU PEOPLE.

CCF, I'm so terribly sorry to hear what happened. I'm sure you've hear all the colloquialisms you ever wanted to hear, so I will just say from the heart, "I feel for you".

Mr. Klondike: Thank you for your suggestion of backtracking to my last post, it is a gem of assistance I couldn't live without, you are without equal, but I love you anyway. Actually I don't read this thread much because you know how I am when I have a bug up my ***. I have one right now and will get to it as soon as I sign off of this particular item.

Anne\
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
charliechaplinfan

Thanks for your kind words Anne.

To put my sadness into proportion, I went to church tonight with the intention of bringing a bit of closure and praying for the lost little one. I sat with a lady I've known for a long time and I could tell something was very wrong. Her granddaughter had dropped down dead at school a couple of weeks ago. The teacher had thought she had fainted and by the time her mother got there the paramedics were working on her. The little girl was 9 years old and had been killed by a heart attack, she would not have suffered. Her family are going through so much suffering, they never had chance to say goodbye to their little one. Their granddaughter had the same name as my own little girl. I feel so much for them, please say a prayer for them, they are a family in need of God's help.

With my hormones flowing around, I had a good cry when I came home. It must test the strongest of faiths.

I guess there is a lesson, however bad you're feeling there is someone somewhere suffering more than you.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison,
You don't have feel like anyone's suffering 'more' than you.
Suffering is suffering and you feel the way you feel, but I must say I admire your spunk. When bad things happen to people I love,
it helps me remember that one never knows what that snarky cashier waiting with the bad attitude is actually going through.
Birdy