The whiny thread

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: The whiny thread

Post by Rita Hayworth »

knitwit45 wrote:Alison, I am so sorry to hear this. We are all pulling for you. Do NOT settle for anything less than top notch care. Hang in there, dearheart!
CCFan
Same here ... I will be thinking of you! I feel for you and your family. Like Knitty said "We are all pulling for you" ... you can count me; and keep us informed. I greatly appreciate that! :)

Knitty, I love your new AVATAR. :!:
feaito

Post by feaito »

I'm also very sorry to hear this dear Ali, my prayers and best vibes are with your and your wonderful family. A big hug my friend...I know that in the end all will turn fine for you, because you are an exceptional human being and you deserve it :D
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thank you all. Unfortunately when life is getting you down something happens to make it harder. I'm a life half full person, always have been but today I feel like someone has winded me. Our beloved 15 year old cat Claude, the first thing Chris and I purchased when we set up home is very ill, I don't have the details yet but from the vets face and his expectations I don't expect to have him long. Although I have two other cats they are younger and still exploring, Claude is my lynchpin, he's here with me everyday, sat next to me purring away, I never feel alone because of him, he's completely devoted to me and I him. Please God is he is ill, let it be quick and don't make me make that awful decision when he trusts me so much.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Alison with all you and Fernando have had to go through here is one that might make you laugh. I go get my haircut yesterday. The lady who did it goes after my head like a sushi chef with a slab of tuna but it turned out fine. I pay for it and then about half way home I realize she has charged me too little. I think about it and it comes to me I got the Senior discount. So, she thinks I'm over 65 or she was just being really nice and gave me a break. I'm really hoping it's the latter.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
feaito

Post by feaito »

Hi Chris, you made my bday with your amusing anecdote, thanks :D

Ali, sorry to hear about Claude...I'm sending you my best vibes and wishing you all the best.
charliechaplinfan

Thank you all of you. The poor thing has to go to the vets for further investigations tomorrow, he hasn't any major organ failure says the vets, then says that the heart isn't tested in the blood tests but his symptoms aren't indicative of heart trouble. He has liver damage which is to be expected at 15 but this could be from another organ, he's struggling to swallow which has only come on in the last few days, so he has to have a camera down tomorrow, it could be a infection, it could be cancer. On the upside he's enjoyed a bit of tuna today and he purrs like a trooper. Poor guy, at least I know how he feels, I'm fed up of being poked and prodded.

Chris, your story really amused me. I remember my Dad being not very happy at being given a pensioner discount when he was a few years below the age and my mother who is now 12 years over thinking she doesn't look old enough for discount. I think your barber must have been feeling kind.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'm sending out good thoughts for Claude and am hoping for the best...
charliechaplinfan

Claude is still with us, which is more than can be said for me after enduring a sleepover party with five 9 year old girls, they didn't get to sleep until 5am and were up at 8am, full of beans. Poor Claude had to endure the party and although the girls were really good, they tired us out. Claude has now had the camera down and the vets still are drawing a blank, they now want to cut him open to biopsy his liver, they can't do this as keyhole surgery as he has some polyps that could pop and poison his liver, initally we said yes but then we changed our mind, time isn't of the essence anymore, as long as he doesn't lose too much weight he will be able to have the surgery at a later date. He's eating and has two shaven patches, he's content when left to himself, so for the time being he can wait it out at home. Ever tried weighing a cat? It's not quite as easy as it seems.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Even my dog wouldn't sit still for being weighed at the vets! I can't imagine the cat allowing someone to do that...

I am so glad to hear Claude is still with you. I am sure you will give him his space and plenty of TLC. As for the sleepover - :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

So glad to hear Claude is hanging in there. If he can weather that sleepover, he can endure anything!
The only consolation on that lack of sleep is that they will drop like rocks this afternoon... My eldest son's birthday is Nov 1, so we often had sleepover birthday parties on Halloween. They would trick-or-treat,then come back to the house for video games and a night of terrorizing me.....
5-6 kids on sugar highs.... what was I thinking???? They would practically pass out by the time they got home, lack of sleep and coming off those highs.
charliechaplinfan

I've been so tired, Chris and I felt hung over yesterday, without the benefit of the alcohol, we can't lose that much sleep anymore and bounce back. Libby didn't have a crash of energy yesterday, that was us, she was still up at 9pm and still had energy to burn. There was a huge sugar rush, we'd provided plenty of sugary treats and every girl came with her own stsh of sweets to. Claude survived the party, he even put up wth a bit of female pampering but he didn't like it. There's just been me and Claude in today, crashed out trying to recover. Chris said never again are we having a sleepover party, I think it might be like childbirth, something you swear you'll never do again but your body is programmed to forget the horrors, at least that's what Libby is hoping as she's busy planning next years.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Alison,
Thinking of you and Claude today...hope you have a nice day together and that he feels better.
Birdy
charliechaplinfan

Thank you Birdy, we had a quiet day today, we're both helping each other along.

Wendy, cats get weighed in their baskets and then the basket gets weighed seperately, now I have to weigh him at home, but I can't see over his head to see the dial. There must be an easier way.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh! They usually have my dog walk over a flat scale at the vets, then I try real hard to make him sit down on it, but he gets too nervous.